PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Factory, my catch can setup!?

Race4life86
02-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Hi there Iíve owned a few rsv4ís over the years and know a few members here and thought maybe itís time to just join in with the guys. So hello.

now I installed a catch can setup but Iím wondering if any of you would see a possible problem with this setup for racing? I race with CCS and donít want any issues having to do with calling it a possible oil hazard or what not. I donít see any leaking issues about it especially if Iím keeping on top of the can making sure check/empty often! There is a tiny 1/16Ē hole in top of bottle to let it vent. Fact is if I go down in a race anything has the possibility to crack/break and leak oil.

but if thereís any safety features you would add that Iím not thinking about let me know.

any feedback welcome. Thank you

cb77guy
02-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Super clean installation!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Race4life86
02-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Super clean installation!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

appreciate that cb77guy

Pro69ss
02-13-2019, 04:51 PM
Is that to keep oil out of your air box ?
If so Gabro mentioned if you run the hose on the out side of the frame where it wouldnít be pinched, No oil gets in air box .

Race4life86
02-13-2019, 05:07 PM
Is that to keep oil out of your air box ?
If so Gabro mentioned if you run the hose on the out side of the frame where it wouldn’t be pinched, No oil gets in air box .

Yes I have heard that. But also the OEM hose to air box had a factory skinny section molded into it (that would be restricting even moved to outside of frame)or it’s been between frame and motor so long it made it seem that way. I’ll take a pic of it then. Part of me just wanted to set this up regardless.

amauri
02-13-2019, 05:31 PM
If you're having issues with oil in the airbox or believe that the stock breather hose is not big enough to vent crankcase pressure, then you need to fix your piston rings that aren't sealing and allowing all that extra blowby building up in the crankcase.

There is nothing wrong with the std crankcase breather hose setup, I've not seen a single issue with it.

BTW, a zip tie holding that breather hose to the stator cover oil separator fitting is not adequate, and not safe for use on a track bike. Install a proper metal clamp there.

Race4life86
02-14-2019, 09:59 AM
Yes I’m not fond of the zip tie and OEM clamp that was there didn’t expand enough and Don’t want an ugly worm drive style clamp. Trying to find a subtle spring style clamp

Race4life86
02-14-2019, 10:04 AM
My air box at best had a light coating of oil never puddles. It’s winter and I’m getting antsy so went for something diff. Was not trying to correct an issue. In some ways it is pointless. Just ran with an idea in my head