PDA

View Full Version : 2013R stator replacement tools

RSV4forlife
02-10-2019, 11:34 PM
Hi guys .. 1st time doing a stator/flywheel replacement on a 2013R . Just a cpl questions

1- will an impact drill get the flywheel bolt out without the use of a flywheel holder ?
2- do I need to get the factory flywheel removal tool or will aftermarket work ?
3 - any other suggestions or recommendations are very much appreciated
Thx !

Jinxx
02-12-2019, 04:24 PM
For what it's worth, I didn't need any special tools or an impact drill to replace the stator and flywheel on my 2013. Was a pretty straight forward job with regular hand tools.

cliploop
02-12-2019, 05:42 PM
I used an impact to get the bolt off because it's handy although I've heard it's not recommended. Didn't use a holder. A tap with a hammer and the flywheel comes off.

vato loco
02-18-2019, 10:51 PM
I used a crescent wrench and breaker bar to get the bolt off, and the factory tool to remove the flywheel.

marc.r1
05-06-2019, 07:05 AM
Im trying to get my stator off and when i try to undo the centre nut it spins the engine....hold the phone i'll just put it into gear and chock the rear wheel. Is that what you guys did. I dont have the special flywheel tool. Then ill see if it comes off.
Just needing to see if the nut is loose behind it as mine is a 2009 Factory

FERROUS
05-06-2019, 07:44 AM
Put it of first gear with the rear wheel on the ground pressing the rear brake.

Impact drill will make it easier.

Dont forget to put thread lock on the bolt when re installing.

amauri
05-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Why all the drama with putting the engine in gear and pressing the rear brake?

Don't you all see that there are two flats on the flywheel where you can simply hold it with a big Crescent wrench while loosening the flywheel bolt? Same for tightening the bolt after installing new flywheel. Vato loco figured it out.

Holding the engine with tranny in gear will introduce unwanted twisting stress that the crankshaft is not designed for. Impact gun on the end of the crankshaft is not too good either.

Don't use neanderthal techniques when working on these engines.

marc.r1
05-06-2019, 11:20 AM
Yeah 8 know Amauri but I don’t have a 27mm spanned that’s all. Trying to get around it that’s all. The eng8ne just turned anyway, could that be due to slipper clutch?

amauri
05-06-2019, 11:26 AM
go to the store and buy a 27mm wrench

amauri
05-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Dont forget to put thread lock on the bolt when re installing.

No Loctite or thread lock, 120-Nm torque only.