PDA

View Full Version : Need help on codes

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 03:13 AM
IAW 7SM
CM228207
IAW7SMHW100
1338AD13
These are the codes that come up any one know what they are I'm trying to find them but cant find any thing online

plocky
02-08-2019, 03:20 AM
Tony; that info is what map & ECU serial number you have. They are not fault codes; more info.

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 03:30 AM
Yeah my bad still working it all out dont use this enough

plocky
02-08-2019, 05:19 PM
My bike has a U1711 CAN line to ABS control unit but I dont have ABS on my bike
Ok, so how long has the error been present?
Can you clear it?
Does it come back?
Is it Stored or Active?
Do you have Service or Urgent Service on your Dash?

I see from other posts you have a 2012 RSV4 with 2014 engine & an old map 1338AD13
Has the bike ever run with this combination & no errors?

What have you done to it recently?

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Bike has run I used it for a while bought it with 11klms on it now I have close to 3500klms on it, it was in the stores faults havent done any thing to the bike it's been sitting a while as I havent had time to ride it I mean it only gets used like once every month or two, it has service on the dash I can clear it but it still comes back not sure how long it's been there as I only got cable yesterday to check faults

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Bike ran fine with no issues up to about 3 weeks ago, would have been able to check code sooner but have had a problem with flooding where I stay so wasnt able to get mail

plocky
02-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Well that's really odd, as you should have a CLF ECU instead of the ABS & if it was causing the fault you should get a different error code.
Can you check the error code again as 1 number difference can mean a whole different thing

Now as you have a 2012 that had no ABS & a 2014 engine, the '14s had ABS. I wonder if your ECU is looking for the ABS module or the error might indicate a problem with your CLF which is in it's place.
You may need to visit someone with PADS to diagnose this.

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 08:29 PM
It's been running for the past 3 years like this as this was how I bought it i haven't had any issues with it and it was running great it was a U 1711 code

plocky
02-08-2019, 08:50 PM
I get that.

So I've done a bit of searching for you, looks like you do in fact have a CLF problem then, so try unplugging it, check connectors, clean if necessary, plug back in, clear fault.
It should be located inside of left faring, but who knows on an engine replaced bike.
Maybe you get lucky & it's just a bad connection.

Unfortunately according to this https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?343444-Aprc-problem-Need-help&highlight=U1711+CLF, if it needs replacing, it will have to be initialised with PADS.

other threads relating to U1711 & CLF https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?320512-Error-codes-help&p=4070566&viewfull=1#post4070566

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?308490-Red-triangle-and-no-speed&highlight=U1711+CLF

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 09:03 PM
Done that cleared fault it went away now its come up with upper injector codes like P0206

plocky
02-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Done that cleared fault it went away now its come up with upper injector codes like P0206
P0206 Front cylinder bank 2 cylinder upper injector

At least you are getting somewhere different.;)

Ok, so sometimes random CAN line errors can be a sign of a bad contact in main engine harness connectors or your battery is dying & voltage changes are causing the errors.
The first thing to do when troubleshooting electrical errors, is use a fully charged healthy battery.
Keep it on charge while troubleshooting, reading errors. Clear errors & see what returns.

Other connections to check; the main engine wiring plug in under the air box, behind the steering head. Check ECU connectors, on top of airbox.
Disconnect battery from the bike, while disconnecting & cleaning engine harness connections. Reconnect if you are checking the pin voltages.

You are now on a search & learn voyage around your bike.

Let us know how it goes.

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Thanks bought a new battery for it the other week have been doing this while battery is on charge I did have a lithium battery in it but was unable to get one without waiting weeks to get it so bought a normal one that I can use, while i have been checking things on the bike i noticed the fans were not connected and the plugs are different will have to buy new fans as I put 12volts to fan and they didnt run.hopefully i can work out the problem without having to take it to dealer with pads, could the heat of the engine maybe affected one of the plugs? As I said fans weren't working so I'm wondering if the heat might have done some thing to a plug

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Mate thank u for ur help so far this is truly a great site and very knowledgeable ppl on it

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Oh I do also have a service manual for the bike that I downloaded would the 2012 service manual be different from the 2014? Normally I wouldn't hesitate to take it to a service agent but wife is of work on maternity leave with second baby so down to one income and being quoted $1000 as a starting figure was a bit much at the moment

plocky
02-08-2019, 10:07 PM
I guess the wiring harness connectors between years for fans must have been changed, I didn't know that.
So the previous owner just decided to ignore the connection issue & run without fans.:crowbar:

The fans not working wouldn't be an issue itself, the temp gauge would have alerted you to overheating & that would not likely affect the injector wiring connections. They get hot as hell up there anyway.
The fans don't switch on unless you are stopped for a while & the water temp goes over 102C. Bike can hit 110C sometimes in traffic with the fans running.

You might find that since clearing the CLF error, that running the engine may return the error status to normal. If not, riding a short distance could help.
The upper injectors don't get used till ~6000rpm.

Nothing wrong with normal SLA battery, i still have my OEM in mine & it works perfectly.

You are going to get this cleared eventually.:)

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Bike wont even start it turns over but doesnt fire I dont hear the fuel pump run when the ignition turns on but I did put 12volts to pump and it runs so I'm wondering if I might have a fuel issue also

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Looks like person I bought it from didnt worry and left fans off never really done stop start riding it's mostly been on highway so never had it go over 103degrees and it's only a short distance to work so didnt have time to heat up enough to worry about fans

plocky
02-08-2019, 10:37 PM
The bike may not start if the ECU is protecting the engine or the rider from damage, or you still have a bad connection somewhere.

You are going to have to check those connectors & keep checking & clearing faults.

The CLF ECU fault getting cleared & not returning is a sign that you're heading in the right direction.

Tony Duncan
02-08-2019, 10:39 PM
Awesome now when I have time off work and can check connectors will do it and hopefully it will get sorted once again thank u for ur help

plocky
02-08-2019, 11:57 PM
Also forgot to answer about the manual, for the moment the 2012 will do, the 2014 will have stuff about the ABS, but may be worth while having anyway for $10.

BTW; have you checked all the fuses? I'm sure we ran thru that when you first mentioned the fuel pump in another thread.

Tony Duncan
02-09-2019, 12:02 AM
Yeah been through all fuses checked them and checked continuity they ware all good will unplug all connections one at a time check them and reconnect them see how that goes, I'll start with the ones u mentioned

Tony Duncan
02-09-2019, 07:01 PM
So checked the bike again this morning had the injector faults pop up again cleared them switched bike off started it back up and tried to start it fired right up no codes had the battery on a charger while doing this will keep an eye on it and see if it comes up with the service and red light on the dash again but as I said thank u very much for ur help wouldn't have been able to get this sorted with out ur input

plocky
02-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Excellent!! Really glad we could get that sorted out.:banana:
Sounds like it was just a couple of key on ignition cycles to get the bugs out after fixing the CLF fault/connection issue.

I'll bet you had a big smile when you pressed the starter & it growled the engine into life. :burnout:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it all goes smooth now.
All you need to do is sort those fans out.

Tony Duncan
02-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Sure did now just need to get replacement fans for radiator, one more question if I may where could i get the maps upgraded would i have to take it to a dealer/service agent or can I buy it online

plocky
02-09-2019, 08:01 PM
You have the cables, Maps are here.>>https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?282399-Guzzidiag-for-RSV4&p=4391580&viewfull=1#post4391580

Instructions >> https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?282399-Guzzidiag-for-RSV4&p=4398561&viewfull=1#post4398561

Write program at http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Tony Duncan
02-09-2019, 11:21 PM
Bike is running great with new maps

Tony Duncan
02-09-2019, 11:41 PM
Bike is running great with new maps

plocky
02-10-2019, 12:43 AM
Cool, all is good in your part of Qld. :D

Tony Duncan
02-10-2019, 12:48 AM
It is thanks

plocky
02-10-2019, 03:51 AM
Great, don't forget to donate to the Guzzie platform, they make this a lot easier than it could be without them.
If everyone that uses the program makes a $10 donation that would be helpful for further development.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with & I don't benefit from donations, except that I enjoy the program getting more development. :)

Tony Duncan
02-13-2019, 01:49 AM
Sounds good will donate shortly