PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone R11 - warmers ?

boofhead187
02-02-2019, 11:32 PM
Hi,

Well I binned my V4 last track day, rain mid session and lost the front. So with that getting race glass and will be needing a new set of rubber. Not keen on going to slicks yet, was considering R11's
Bridgestone recommends using warmers with these, and a few reviewers have said the same. Has anyone used these and do you agree with that ?

Thanks,

equinity
02-03-2019, 10:19 PM
They're a race compound like the V02 with siping cut in them. The RS10 is a better option without warmers.

boofhead187
02-04-2019, 08:30 PM
They're a race compound like the V02 with siping cut in them. The RS10 is a better option without warmers.

I take it that is a yes they should only be used with warmers.

equinity
02-04-2019, 08:41 PM
I take it that is a yes they should only be used with warmers.

They can be used without warmers, but they'll cold tear and they won't have the grip they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcfcycle
02-06-2019, 12:34 AM
If you aren't going to use warmers, you should stick with a street tire rather than a DOT race like the R11 or Dunlop GPA.

Not saying that you can't use them without warmers, but what's the point? Street tires get up to temp quicker so you are wasting less riding time getting your tires warm on track.

If Bridgestone didn't think it was necessary to use warmers with them, they likely wouldn't make that statement as it reduces the number of people that will consider buying them.

SK-RSV4
02-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Buy warmers
use track specific tyres
use warmers
ride harder & safer
enjoy yourself !

TL2Bass
02-07-2019, 02:32 PM
I use R10 takeoffs on the streets (summertime only) and initially thought they'd take time to warm up. I was wrong. They stick hard from the get go and I think they're the best front tire I've used in the canyons yet. Aggressive street speeds here NOT track speeds, mind you.

My fears of eating shit three turns in from lack of heat are no longer present. At least with these DOT's.

Gregorytz
02-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Hi,

Well I binned my V4 last track day, rain mid session and lost the front. So with that getting race glass and will be needing a new set of rubber. Not keen on going to slicks yet, was considering R11's
Bridgestone recommends using warmers with these, and a few reviewers have said the same. Has anyone used these and do you agree with that ?

Thanks,

Buy some tyre warmers and try the R11ís. I ran them all last year and they are a great tyre.

Do avoid them without tyre warmers as they as they need to be hot to work well and youíre just taking risks.

Also run the v02ís which are fantastic.