PDA

View Full Version : Variable intake testing 2014 Factory

franktank76
01-29-2019, 01:37 AM
Can they be controlled via Guzzi diag so i can see them working when the airbox is open and the fuel tank is off , or another way ? I know it would not be possible to test with the engine running due to the shower injectors in the top of the airbox , but i am not sure they are working and would like to verify them , thanks all .

plocky
01-29-2019, 02:25 AM
No test for them in GuzziDiag, sorry.
PADS does have a function test.
They don't open, by ECU activation, until 10,000 rpm, so hard to test.
Maybe a bore scope in the airbox on a dyno.\_(ツ)_/

IIRC Gabro said that if you set them mechanically to halfway open or there abouts, then ignition key on should return them to closed if functioning. No need to run engine.
Warning; if you have your tank off at this time & the IMU is disconnected, then you will get errors.

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-29-2019, 08:48 AM
The borescope on the dyno is actually pretty cool. Images were too grainy to publish but watching in live video both the transitions to shower injection and the stack raising is cool. I need a better borescope, FYI, there is a brand called Depstech on Amazon for $30 or so, I have one, DO NOT USE IT, installing app installed a shitload of spyware and marketing bullshit. Thankfully iOS is pretty easy to fix, if you have a junk iPhone use ONLY on that, I have both a junk iPhone and iPad so those are used for Depstech scope, both are WiFi nay and the scope communicates with the phone or tablet via its own mini WiFi network.

franktank76
01-29-2019, 06:50 PM
Was hoping i could perform a test myself , but it might be that i have to take it to a dealer to test on Pads , and or the Dyno . Thanks for the replies guys , much appreciated .

amauri
01-29-2019, 07:36 PM
...I need a better borescope

This is what I've been using, the articulating camera tip is a must have if you want to be able to inspect valves and combustion chamber.

https://www.oasisscientific.com/vividia-articulating-usb-flexible-borescope-videoscope.html

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-29-2019, 09:33 PM
Yes, that looks exactly like what I need, is there anything under say $500 that can be focused?

plocky
01-30-2019, 01:13 AM
This is what I've been using, the articulating camera tip is a must have if you want to be able to inspect valves and combustion chamber.

https://www.oasisscientific.com/vividia-articulating-usb-flexible-borescope-videoscope.html
I like that one, hmm, $399USD would be about $600AU including freight, couldn't justify that.
I really like the articulating head though.
I love tools & gadgets.:)
I'll see if I can find one locally at a better price.

Gabro
02-01-2019, 02:48 AM
IIRC Gabro said that if you set them mechanically to halfway open or there abouts, then ignition key on should return them to closed if functioning.

that will ensure the system is mechanically installed correctly.

BTW you can log the ecu stack activation signal just fitting a 5v led to the signal wire to the stacks little ecu :)

plocky
02-01-2019, 03:00 AM
BTW you can log the ecu stack activation signal just fitting a 5v led to the signal wire to the stacks little ecu :)
Nice, very simple & too easy. :)