PDA

View Full Version : Sc project oval problem rsv4 2017 / 2018

Paranoiac
01-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Hi, i have '18 rf and i received new sc project oval.

Is this adjustment normal? You have to force enough to match the holes.

thanks you

Viper1
01-26-2019, 08:43 PM
Thats seems to be a lot but loosen the pinch bolt on the bottom where it connects to the header and see if it allows enough free play to be able to mount it...then tighten the pinch bolt after you have the can connected.

Paranoiac
01-27-2019, 04:31 AM
Thats seems to be a lot but loosen the pinch bolt on the bottom where it connects to the header and see if it allows enough free play to be able to mount it...then tighten the pinch bolt after you have the can connected.

Hello, if it is with the bottom screw loose, if I squeeze it first it is almost impossible to take it to its place. :(

Viper1
01-27-2019, 08:43 AM
Hello, if it is with the bottom screw loose, if I squeeze it first it is almost impossible to take it to its place. :(

That shouldn't be. I've had to manipulate a few that I've had but was always able to loosen the pinch bolt on the header which allowed just enough wiggle room to make them work. Did you buy it new or used? Call or email SC and see if they would be willing to do anything to help?

Paranoiac
01-27-2019, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE = Viper1; 4524183] Eso no debería ser. Tuve que manipular algunas que tenía, pero siempre pude aflojar el tornillo de presión en el cabezal, lo que permitió tener suficiente espacio para hacer que funcionen. ¿Lo compraste nuevo o usado? ¿Llamar o enviar un correo electrónico a SC y ver si estarían dispuestos a hacer algo para ayudar? [/ QUOTE]

Hello, I bought it again, I sent an email and I will tell you what they told me.

thanks for help

Paranoiac
01-27-2019, 01:53 PM
I have a video, opinions??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHrfVqmUXH8

RSV4.project
01-28-2019, 09:40 AM
I recently installed a SC exhaust on my 18 RR and did not have this issue. I would write to SC and ask them to send another pipe this seems to be a mistake. Good luck! Btw the exhaust sounds amazing!

Uncle Will
01-28-2019, 10:58 AM
I installed an SC Project SC1R last week and my link pipe and can lined up very well. However, i did have the exact same issue as you but mine was where the can linked to the passenger pegs. The bracket was very misaligned and i had to use A LOT of force just to hold the exhaust up high enough to screw the bolt into the bracket. Not only was it hard to screw in but i also had to make sure i didn't cross thread the bolt into the passenger peg. A 5 min install took me 30 mins because i thought i may have received a defective can but i finally got it in. If yours is new, you should email the company like everyone says. If it it used, you should verify that it is the right model for your year.

Paranoiac
01-28-2019, 01:01 PM
I recently installed a SC exhaust on my 18 RR and did not have this issue. I would write to SC and ask them to send another pipe this seems to be a mistake. Good luck! Btw the exhaust sounds amazing!

I installed an SC Project SC1R last week and my link pipe and can lined up very well. However, i did have the exact same issue as you but mine was where the can linked to the passenger pegs. The bracket was very misaligned and i had to use A LOT of force just to hold the exhaust up high enough to screw the bolt into the bracket. Not only was it hard to screw in but i also had to make sure i didn't cross thread the bolt into the passenger peg. A 5 min install took me 30 mins because i thought i may have received a defective can but i finally got it in. If yours is new, you should email the company like everyone says. If it it used, you should verify that it is the right model for your year.

Hi, thanks for answering.

Can you confirm if the link pipe reference is the same as mine for 2018? It comes printed on the instructions

https://i.gyazo.com/988e6f0cc367c8d5f3c11a5cc83e3058.jpg

thanks you!

Paranoiac
01-30-2019, 01:10 PM
The manufacturer does not give me solution online (obvius).

I have been asked to send the leak back to the factory and they will check where the problem may be. I am waiting for new news.

Paranoiac
02-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Well, I already have an answer from SC project. They say they have checked the exhaust pipe, they have tested it on a motorcycle like mine and that is correct. Above, they say that the escape has been used and that I can not return it. Incredible, I did not expect such a bad response from a company like sc project, I will not recommend or buy a sc project ever again.