PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable windscreen mount - electric

CapoEVT
01-17-2019, 07:13 PM
The Madstadt bracket redo went mission off the deep end so I'm starting a new thread. The goal: an electrically controlled adjustable windscreen mount for the Caponord ETV 1000.

Here is the start, a mock-up of the actuator that I'll use in the final build. The size is actual to the linear actuator I'm sourcing. The brackets work but will be replaced with a slightly different design. Everything is commerical off the shelf stuff so anyone should be able to replicate this after I'm done.

I'm trying for a 2-3 inch adjustment up-down and a tilt outward from the top as it goes up all KTM style but more raked as it goes down.

The how I got to this ever expanding project is in the Spitfire thread.

CapoEVT
01-17-2019, 07:15 PM
This is a placeholder thread and as new parts come in and I go along I'll update with pictures and text. I've some work to do on the brackets to figure best angles. The total cost shouldn't be more than $100 and just so you know, I'm not making these to sell but I'll share all the sources and procedures to make one yourself if you want. Here we go:

CapoEVT
01-17-2019, 07:24 PM
As the actuator is energized and pushes up the brackets will allow the windshield to move up and out at the top. Being threaded internally the actuator will hold position against quite some force. I'm not an engineer or any kind so this will all be trial and error, lots of them no doubt. There is no reason I can see why this couldn't be a bolt on thing for the stock windscreen or any other you have mounted.

CapoEVT
01-17-2019, 07:41 PM
For reference, this is almost the exact size of the actuator. It's still enroute so I'll know for sure when it arrives. 12 VDC and 5 amps when running.

Saffa Gaz
01-18-2019, 04:22 AM
Cool Ideal, I'll be watching with interest