PDA

View Full Version : Shock Linkage questions

panicrev
01-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Hey everyone,

Ive completely gone through as many threads as I can and cant find any definitive answer for what I'm looking for.

Im looking for the triangle dimensions as well as the dog bone length for a 09'-16' RSV4 Ohlins setup.
I'm building a bike and ive bought a 09-16 RSV4 Ohlins shock (what the ebay ad said) and I have just found many figures and see that the dimensions have changed quite a bit over the years.

Thanks so much
Paul

panicrev
01-15-2019, 01:05 PM
So looking up the part numbers AP81465164 for the dogbone, someone selling one says it is aprox. 120mm eye to eye.
The triangle part number is 858918 and I cant seem to find any dimensions for hole to hole distance for these years.
I'm making the triangles and the dog bone for this project, why I'm looking for dimensions.

If anyone has any insight

thanks

jsnontuono
01-15-2019, 03:52 PM
I have seen some measurements on the linkplates posted here somewhere. What is your build for? You might also check out the factory red link plates found on the 17+ they are not very expensive and are much closer but not exactly a linear setup. There is a huge thread with a lot of info on those plates.

I hope that helps you some with your project.

panicrev
01-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the response.
ill try to keep digging but haven't been able to find anything my self for those years.
The project is a turbo buell XB12 track bike. just using the motor and building all the rest. got the triple clamps made and the front end is done. just need to get this rear linkage done and I can start building the frame.
I saw that thread, ill have a good look at the 17+.

Thanks

ianofbhills
01-16-2019, 04:21 AM
There are only 2 different types of plates which are easily identifiable. The silver ones which are on all pre 2017 models and the new red plates which are on 2017 rf models only.
Dogbone lengths are the same for all models all years.

Some triangle plate dimensions in this thread here
https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?331998-2017-RF-shock-linkage/page8