PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about my 2010 Factory timing?????

0311GRUNT
01-08-2019, 12:28 AM
Hey guys now the pic your looking at is of my rear banks cam tower timing pin hole! As your looking at it the cams are lined up in there dots and the crank pin is seated in the crank boss! I can get the cam pin in but it goes in snug and if you look close the cam tower hole to intake camshaft hole is off maybe a 32nd of an inch! My Factory only has 13,500 miles

guys who’ve done this a few times or more is this normal or should cam pin fit flawlessly? Does my rear chain have some stretch? Have not checked front bank yet as I called it a night getting late.

as always appreciate all input!

0311GRUNT
01-08-2019, 12:47 AM
I should also say that if I put my cam pin in first and then thread crank pin into the boss on crank I can see crank move ever so slightly as tip of crank pin centers it. I can’t say I feel to alarmed as It’s not like I cant get my pins in but should this be like some NASA approved space equipment and there should be no resistance in the least and holes are absolutely perfect and not off by even a thousandth of an inch!?

plocky
01-08-2019, 01:08 AM
It means it is slightly off due to cam sprocket wear & chain wear.
No big deal as you can correct it, even if no valves need adjusting, buy loosening the sprocket bolts, redoing the timing & tighten them up again.
Or if shims need adjusting, then it will be corrected when you put it back together.
Technically the sprocket bolts should be replaced with new ones & Loctite 243 applied, prior to torquing.

I know I'd be happier if it was perfect. ;)

0311GRUNT
01-08-2019, 03:29 AM
Yes I need mine perfect! I figured with the amount of adjustment in the cam gear it wouldn’t be a prob. Thank you

bigrog
01-14-2019, 12:13 PM
Yes I need mine perfect! I figured with the amount of adjustment in the cam gear it wouldn’t be a prob. Thank you
Bearing in mind that the angle error at the cam is twice as much at the crank, I would want to adjust it out too