PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to shed any light on code P0124???

0311GRUNT
01-04-2019, 09:38 PM
I have a 2010 Rsv4 factory and on occasion I'll get the dreaded SERVICE displayed on dashboard and bike goes into limp mode but I am always able to get it to behave again with one or two key cycles. I recently got myself situated with Guzzidiag and pulled code
(P0124- stored invalid signal)

seems pretty vague to me as there's quite a few things that the PCM could get an invalid signal from!!

i did find this on a post tho P0124 = rear throttle position potentiometer.

I'd imagine the potentiometer is inside the electronic throttle body! Have these been problematic in the past?

thank you guys!

plocky
01-04-2019, 09:49 PM
Yes the throttle bodies have been known to fail.

rear throttle position potentiometer P0124
• incongruent signal

Error cause
• Potentiometer 1 and potentiometer 2 do not show a logical value: the sum of the two voltages should be constant. The cause may be a malfunction in one of the two sensors or an abnormal resistance in one of the two circuits

Troubleshooting
• Check the throttle body connector as well as the control unit connector. Check that cable resistance between the throttle body connector (PIN 1) and the control unit (PIN 48) is a few tenths of an Ohm. Check that cable resistance between the throttle body connector (PIN 4) and the control unit (PIN 50) is a few tenths of an Ohm. If one of the two is different, restore the cable harness. If correct, replace the complete throttle body.

windyrun
01-04-2019, 10:03 PM
^ :worship:

0311GRUNT
01-04-2019, 10:21 PM
Yes the throttle bodies have been known to fail.

rear throttle position potentiometer P0124
• incongruent signal

Error cause
• Potentiometer 1 and potentiometer 2 do not show a logical value: the sum of the two voltages should be constant. The cause may be a malfunction in one of the two sensors or an abnormal resistance in one of the two circuits

Troubleshooting
• Check the throttle body connector as well as the control unit connector. Check that cable resistance between the throttle body connector (PIN 1) and the control unit (PIN 48) is a few tenths of an Ohm. Check that cable resistance between the throttle body connector (PIN 4) and the control unit (PIN 50) is a few tenths of an Ohm. If one of the two is different, restore the cable harness. If correct, replace the complete throttle body.

NICE Plocky!! You the man!

plocky
01-05-2019, 12:15 AM
NICE Plocky!! You the man!
Thanks, but I owe that to the service manual.:o:cheers:
Anyone can look it up.
I just happen to have the 2009 & 2016 RSV4 service station/workshop manuals.
The 2009 I found a free link to somewhere a couple of years back.
The 2016 I purchased for my own bike.
They're only $8 at AF1 anyway.

0311GRUNT
01-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Thanks, but I owe that to the service manual.:o:cheers:
Anyone can look it up.
I just happen to have the 2009 & 2016 RSV4 service station/workshop manuals.
The 2009 I found a free link to somewhere a couple of years back.
The 2016 I purchased for my own bike.
They're only $8 at AF1 anyway.

if you took the time to look that up in the manual for me I'm even more grateful. And I'm apparently blind as I bought AF1's service manual on a thumb drive and had staples print all 400 something pages and I put em in a 3" ring binder and sleeve protected each sheet and I couldn't find what I was looking for in it. But now that I know it's there I'll look again. You remember what page/pages you found that info roughly?

plocky
01-05-2019, 03:51 PM
That's the beauty of the PDF, just search the code & you're there.:)

ELE SYS - 194