PDA

View Full Version : Touring Windshield

Not2L8
11-19-2018, 06:50 PM
Hello,
I am new to the site and just got a 2018 Shiver 900.
I plan to ride in the winter months and am looking for advice regarding a Touring Windshield.
I am not looking for complete coverage or to be hidden behind the screen the small Puig shield I have now produces clean air but it sends it to the chest neck and head.
Something that will get the air towards to crown of my helmet may work.
Any Recommendations?
Thanks
Pete

Finmana
11-20-2018, 09:30 AM
Hi Pete,
I have a Puig shield as well and noticed the same as your did. It helps but there's still pressure to my shoulders.
So I bought this extension: MRA X-creen Sport. It can be attached and removed very easily, so I use it only when I need it, on longer trips and when it's cold.
I'm 183cm tall and it works for me. Dimensions for this extension are 260mm x 90mm.

You could look for something like this?

Not2L8
11-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your quick reply this is the screen on my Shiver. Its kind of small so do you think yours would fit and work?
Pete

Finmana
11-20-2018, 12:50 PM
I have the same screen. My bike is already stored for winter so I can't send you the actual picture of screen and extension on my bike.
When I bought it I asked from my local dealer if I could try it before the purchase and he agreed. Try to do the same.
I can send a picture later when I'll go to check my bike.

Albion
11-21-2018, 05:36 AM
There are several screens listed on the Puig website, but I'm not convinced they would all be a good fit for the Shiver:

https://puig.tv/en/bybike/aprilia-shiver-900_2017

CapoEVT
11-29-2018, 02:39 PM
A Shiver 900 with a 750GT or Mana GT fairing would be something wonderful. The MRA, Puig and various oyher sheet plastic shields do nothng to enhance the looks.of the Shiver. Properly designed a fsiring should compliment and build on exisitng good looks, not look like an add-on.

I'd like to add anither faired bike and headed toward the latest version of the Capo but a Shiver 900 with a fairing and I'm in. The Shiver 900 hits that sweet spot and I envy those that have one I just wish a GT version was available without fabricating up stays and so just to do it.

You guys with Shivers have something pretty rare in the class, a motorcycle that has classic lines and actually looks like a motorcycle. Maybe a GT for 2020.

Frodo
12-02-2018, 01:13 PM
I had a silver 2010 750GT and I agree that the fairing looks great and integrated with the lines of the bike. Being frame mounted , the fairing allows bigger screens to be fitted.
I fitted a Puig touring screen to my 2015 Shiver (non-GT). I think that it works well with the bikes lines and enhances the overall appearance. It lifts the wind off my chest, but not over my head. I wonder if a much larger handlebar mounted fairing would create instability at speed.