PDA

View Full Version : Questions For Someone who knows

YZF426
03-09-2003, 05:38 PM
I bought a 2000 Cup bike new in Jan of this year, the bike had only been started once and had zero miles. I just completed converting the bike for street use and gave it it's first ride this weekend. When I first disengaged the clutch the bike had no power like the clutch was slipping, after drivng the bike for about 60 miles it seamed to engage first gear better after a dead stop. When I restated the bike after letting it sit for several hours the clutch also seamed to slip in first gear
after warm up the clutch performance improved. Is it posible that the plates dried from sitting so long unused (I see in other forum notes that the plates have to be soaked) or is there some other thing I need to look at . The bike has 100 miles now, this was the first nice weekend to ride and I had several other bike projects that I worked on over the winter that I needed to evaluate. Also what should the idol RPM be, I am using 93 pump gas is that going to be a problem, do I need to use 100 AV gas. Please let me know.

Thanks

monson708
03-09-2003, 11:25 PM
sounds like the plates were dry to me.do you have clutch lever free play?also the fuel petcock fails on bikes that sit and fuel gets into the trans. via the gear side crank seal.you dont need premium fuel but for safe all around use its fine.i always run 87 oct fuel,it makes more power.dont rev the bike over 12,000rpm,they break if you do.a stocker makes peak power @ 10800 rpm so it not doing any good to rev further.i would set it @11,200.

Duc995
03-10-2003, 11:53 AM
set it at 1300