PDA

View Full Version : shiver 900 tyre mileage

Cozman
06-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Hello all,

I just replaced the OEM tyres that came with my bike....Sport Max Qualifier, with Bridgestone Battlax BT016 Pro Hypersport (F&R).

While I had the qualifiers and Sportmax before on my 07 SV650s....I am surprised that on the Shiver I only managed to do 2960KM - rear down to marker and front was okish for another 500km.

Usually on the SV I could get 3500KM from Dunlop sportsmart Sport Max before reaching the marker. With Qualifiers I could get 4500KM.

What mileage did you guys get out of your original set of tyres?

My riding is anything but spirited.....I am a relative noob having only ridden for 4 years or so.......always the last to reach a destination in the group of mature riders.....

Thank you
Coz....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion
06-13-2018, 03:39 AM
I have 4000km on my Shiver 900 and have about 3mm of tread left on the rear and 2mm on the front on the Dunlop qualifiers. I think I will try some Pirelli Angel GTs, as I'm not impressed with this mileage or the grip in cold and wet weather on the Dunlops.

tom83
06-13-2018, 05:00 AM
I am just under 6000km and recently realized that I have only about 1.6mm of thread left on the qualifiers that came with the bike.
I noticed this because I was checking the tires for a nail, since I was losing air (found one).
Now I will get the Angel GT as well, they get good reviews and seem to be fitting my riding profile quite well.

Cozman
06-14-2018, 12:12 PM
Thanks guys.....unusual for me to have such low mileage then.....maybe my crappy riding style...

Some mates mentioned that because I did the first 1000km with ATC3 and left the bike on ATC2 - the traction control might play havoc with the tyre wear.....momentarily cutting power etc.....I did have the binnacle lighting up like a Christmas tree when in ATC3......

Or maybe just crappy tarmac here in Cyprus.

Will let you guys know how I get along with the Bridgestones...

Coz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewApriliaGuy
06-18-2018, 05:01 PM
I have 4000km on my Shiver 900 and have about 3mm of tread left on the rear and 2mm on the front on the Dunlop qualifiers. I think I will try some Pirelli Angel GTs, as I'm not impressed with this mileage or the grip in cold and wet weather on the Dunlops.

You're going to love the Angel GTs, they transformed the handling of my 750. I've put about 4500 miles (7250km) on mine thus far and they have plenty of life left.