PDA

View Full Version : Pipework

beanarillo
03-17-2003, 06:17 PM
I'm just routing all the overflow pipes to a (feeding bottle) catch tank. Couple of questions:
a) do you bother to do the clear tubes (two of each) on each carb, aswell as the float bowl overflows?
b) i've heard that alot of people blank off or shorten those stupid long balance pipes that just go from one reed block to the other. Of course they may not be stupid and i'm an ignorant shite but i'd like to know
c) there is a breather/drain hose that runs from the very bottom of the airbox. Do you guys retain that or blank it off and do away with it.

Thanks
Beanarillo;)

RegganiRS250
03-17-2003, 06:46 PM
b)Those hoses hold fuel air mixture at low speeds so that when you open the throttle the motor doesn't starve for fuel air intake. So you probably want to save them, I have heard of people trying different lengths of hose though.

As for the overflow stuff, mine is a street model so it marks its territory well with all the hoses draining off the right side of the bike.

beanarillo
03-18-2003, 12:32 PM
Thanks. Anyone help re the other points ???

wsmc667
03-18-2003, 02:05 PM
i plugged off the hoses. i can't see anything flowing into them since both ends terminate at the same point. allegedly, they change the intake volume and this is a tuning tweak. i dunno... all that wierd voodoo @#%$ got shitcanned on our race bikes and they run pretty well.

i did some dyno testing and it seems that the bike favors having the power valves locked open. i'm going to safety wire them open and do some racing starts in a parking lot (that's car park to y'all Brit-ish) to make sure that nothing suffers dramatically with this mod. you know, make sure it starts, idles, and warms up without too much fuss.

:D chris