PDA

View Full Version : NY NJ riders Roll Call!

Flyboy08
04-02-2018, 12:17 PM
I realize with today's snow, it looks bleak that we'll get out anytime soon, but I'm jonesing to get back on the Pasta Rocket....let's have a roll call so we can setup some lower Hudson Valley rides!

im in NYC/Walden NY....bikes are in Walden.

gts455
04-02-2018, 03:04 PM
I'm moving back to Long Island next month, permanently. Will have the bikes back first week of June. After a refresh the RSV and 675R will be good to go.

Rvee
04-02-2018, 03:06 PM
Took advantage of Saturday here! I'm just outside of Manhattan on the Jersey side, and unfortunately it is where I keep my bikes. I typically try to get up and out by 7:00am weekend days otherwise I burn almost an hour just getting out of the traffic, as happened on Saturday leaving around 12:30...

I always head northwest, usually my quick loop is a few hours around and through Harriman park. Done a few rides going up around Oakland Valley speedway. Would love to get deeper into the Catskills and further away from traffic this summer now that I've got the Tuono and it isn't a back-killer ergo wise.

pushnoyj
04-02-2018, 03:59 PM
My buddy and I are both getting Tuonos this season. He already got his and i should pick up my this weekend, hopefully. i look forward to group ride.

Flyboy08
04-02-2018, 04:00 PM
I know the best of the best riding roads in lower Hudson Valley....sure to please all....once the weather breaks, well set some dates. I head up Thursday evenings, so Friday is a prime low traffic day for me...Sat mornings work well too.

Madflavor
04-03-2018, 04:03 PM
I know the best of the best riding roads in lower Hudson Valley....sure to please all....once the weather breaks, well set some dates. I head up Thursday evenings, so Friday is a prime low traffic day for me...Sat mornings work well too.

TENHUT! Brooklyn reporting in. Always down to ride with Aprilia brethren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy08
04-06-2018, 01:19 PM
We need to get this thread past the North GA riders thread count :)

Rvee
04-06-2018, 02:09 PM
Yeah right!! Easier to have ongoing interest when your season is almost four months longer than ours. This spring has been terrible so far and this weekend looks no better. There's plenty of tri-state folks around, probably will come out of the woodwork over the next few weeks. We did have another NY/NJ riders thread from last year but interest seems lackluster for meet ups.

Maybe post up or plan a possible future meet up in the Hudson Valley?

Madflavor
04-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Yeah right!! Easier to have ongoing interest when your season is almost four months longer than ours. This spring has been terrible so far and this weekend looks no better. There's plenty of tri-state folks around, probably will come out of the woodwork over the next few weeks. We did have another NY/NJ riders thread from last year but interest seems lackluster for meet ups.

Maybe post up or plan a possible future meet up in the Hudson Valley?

Spring has been awful. But barring the snow Iíve been riding the RSV. Fairings actually do a good job of keeping the wind off ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gts455
04-07-2018, 05:11 AM
Anyone going to the Motoamerica SBK race in September? This could be a nice meet.

http://motoamerica.com/newjersey/

erick1670
04-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Tomorrow at NJMP with TPM.... hope I get in as guest :D

Soupmoto
04-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Just picked up my 17 tuono RR at the end of February! Only got 260 frozen miles on her so far. This spring has sucked! I live in pa right over the river from hawks nest. I roughly have a 130 mile loop planed out in my head, past hawks nest up 97 cross over in to pa and down 590 back into jersey then some back roads threw Sussex and ending around high point state park. Next warm day I’m gonna do the loop and see how bad/slow the traffic is.

Flyboy08
04-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Its sunny out front and snowing like a banshee out back.....indicative of this winter :gunner:

Rvee
04-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Its sunny out front and snowing like a banshee out back.....indicative of this winter :gunner:

Yesterday late afternoon turned magically warmer than intended, used the opportunity to get about five hours of maintenance on the RSVR in and a few rides for oil level checks... today not so much. Cold cold cold.

I'm on a bunch of tri-state ride groups on FB, season kickoff ride is next Saturday which as of now states 66 and sunny but we'll see!

hank
04-09-2018, 05:09 PM
We need to get this thread past the North GA riders thread count :)

It can always be merged with the old & dated 14 page NJ ride thread: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?141942-where-are-the-NJ-riders/page14&highlight=NJ

Flyboy08
04-10-2018, 09:36 PM
This Friday looks promising!

Flyboy08
04-12-2018, 05:46 PM
I will be hitting 44/55 in and around New Paltz area up and over the mountain around noon tomorrow. It'll be warm, but I don't expect the roads to be in great condition.

will stop by the local HD dealer in Newburgh to get my tax inspection :)

Flyboy08
04-13-2018, 06:13 PM
What a bike it is!:bowdown:

http://www.i-bmw.com/gallery/data/500/medium/20180413_183524_resized.jpg

http://www.i-bmw.com/gallery/data/500/medium/20180413_183537_resized.jpg
http://www.i-bmw.com/gallery/data/500/medium/20180413_180536_resized.jpg

Rode 167 miles today:tim:

Impudence
05-20-2018, 09:26 AM
I just finished rebuilding my ohlins and it’s time to take the Tuono for a good shake down run. I’m planning on doing a week day ride either Monday the 21st or Thursday the 24th. Anyone interested in riding to bear mountain and the Minnewaska Park area? I’m planning on leaving from Queens in the morning, stop for breakfast at 9w market in palisades, ride through the 7 lakes area and on up to Minnewaska and then eventually get lunch at schatzis in New Paltz.

Mr.Alex
05-26-2018, 06:37 PM
Saw a Factory and an RF in Harriman/Bear Mountain today, I was with a group but still got no wave. How is that supposed to make me feel? :[