PDA

View Full Version : F4 750 oro

Driift
02-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Has anyone every ridden an ORO? Love those bikes.

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-17-2018, 01:01 PM
Yes, many years ago when they were new. It honestly was not that different from the production F4 but had a seething coolness factor lacking in the more pedestrian version. Those early F4 series bikes have a few issues but nothing really impossible to keep running and running well even. There is a guy here in Texas who has one street F4 750cc and one track only F4 750cc...40+ thousand miles on track bike and over 50k miles on streetbike.

coolonthecoast
02-18-2018, 07:57 AM
Its basically a blinged up standard F4. I'd personally only buy one if I could make money off the deal. I've owned a couple of F4's in the past both a 750 and a thou, if I was going for a fancy F4 I'd opt for a Tamburini over the Oro every time, but thats just me.

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-18-2018, 10:46 AM
If going for the thousand CC the important part is the Corta Corse (short stroke) motor, plus plan on a decent chunk of change for re-flash and then proper mapping on a piggyback fuel controller as well as a proper set of 4:2:1 headers, if you want 1 or 2 or 4 exit pipes, whatever, that part is a styling exercise. The stock ignition mapping is junk, as is the stock water pump and the fairings as sacrilegious as this may be, need to be cut to add large openings behind the radiator.

I do do have some bitching dyno pics from this exact setup using Bodis pipes, plus reflash, plus PCV for tuning...