PDA

View Full Version : Engine swap have code issues

wenrider
02-03-2018, 07:41 PM
Recently swapped a 2016 engine with race ecu into my 2015 rsv4 factory. I used the 16 engine harness and 15 main harness. I also used the 16 airbox and secondary injection. Just took it for a test ride and noticed I had 3 codes...0447, p1701 and p1702. I searched for the 0447 and saw a few different answers but don't know which one is accurate. I read the p1701 and p1702 have to do with the aprac? Appreciate any help.

plocky
02-03-2018, 10:57 PM
The last 2 could have been caused by turning ignition on with some things unplugged.
The first one maybe as well, clear them & see if they reappear.

Variable geometry intake P0447
• shorted to positive / shorted to negative / open circuit / signal not valid.

Error cause
• If shorted to positive: excessive voltage has been detected at PIN 62. If shorted to negative: no voltage has been detected. If the circuit is open: an interruption has been detected.
If signal is not valid: PIN 76 detects a battery voltage set by the variable geometry control unit to indicate error detection. The instrument panel does not indicate the presence of this error even in the ATT status.

Troubleshooting
• If shorted to positive: if a voltage higher than 5V is detected, disconnect the variable geometry control unit connector and check with key ON the voltage to PIN 2: if it is higher than 5 V, restore cable harness; if equal to zero, replace the variable geometry control unit.
• If shorted to negative: disconnect the variable geometry control unit connector and the injection ECU connector and check continuity to ground of the light blue cable: if there is continuity with the ground, restore cable harness; if insulated from ground, replace the variable geometry control unit.
• If the circuit is open: check the connector of the variable geometry control unit and the injection control unit: if they are not OK, restore; if they are OK, check continuity on the light blue cable: if not OK, restore; if OK, replace the variable geometry control unit.
• If signal is not valid: check the connector of the variable geometry control unit, the motor cable connector and the motor connector (check the PINS of the connector, installed directly on the motor): if not OK, restore; if OK, check electrical characteristics of the motor: if not OK, replace; if OK, check, with connector of the variable geometry control unit and connector of the motor disconnected and intermediate connector connected, if the red and black cables are in continuity, insulated from ground and without voltage and insulated one from the other: if not OK, restore; if OK, check if the electrical motor pin is correctly inserted in the cavity of the endless screw (however it must turn a bit): if not OK, place it correctly; if OK, replace the variable geometry control unit.

CAN line towards instrument panel U1701
• no signal.

Error cause
• No signal is received from the instrument panel.
Troubleshooting
• Check the connector of the instrument panel: if not OK, restore; if OK, check the continuity of the two lines from the instrument panel connector to the VEHICLE connector of the Marelli control unit: if not OK, restore the cable harness; if OK, replace the instrument panel.

CAN line towards instrument panel U1702.
• Intermittent signal or communication error.

Error cause
• Probable bad contact in the CAN line.
Troubleshooting
• Check the Vehicle connector pins 66 and 80 and the vehicle-engine cable harness pins B2 and B3. If not OK, restore. If OK, check pins 26 and 27 and the instrument panel connector. If not OK, restore. If OK, check overall operation of the Marelli control unit and instrument panel: replace the affected component if you find any fault

wenrider
02-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Copy. I'll clear the codes and see what happens. Going to do a once over and make sure all connections are tight. I saw the your post earlier while searching...thank you for the info. I'll check intake as well.

plocky
02-04-2018, 02:39 AM
yeah, also forgot to mention the obvious; before trying to troubleshoot electrical gremlins make sure you have a healthy fully charged battery.
Also you can start the engine , rev it, etc, while connected to IAW/GuzziDiag to check for active faults. :)