PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference between Aprilia Race ecu and Aprilia Corse Race ecu?

GixxerMKD
01-31-2018, 12:57 PM
Hi guys,

i've decided i'm getting SC Project CR-T for my '17 RR, so i went to my Aprilia dealer to order the race ecu, and in their Aprilia (Piaggio) ordering system they only had Aprilia "Race" ECU [MY2017] -#CM281707 *RSV4* (CM281707) but not the other one, Aprilia Corse "Race" ECU [MY2017] -#COE17037 (COE17037).

Will i be good with the "regular" one, or should i insist for the Corse? What's the difference? I mean i've read the descriptions, but anyone actually had a chance to compare them?

thanks
Baze

Kbrok
01-31-2018, 01:46 PM
just buy the race ecu accessory not the corse and you will be fine

das134
01-31-2018, 01:58 PM
What’s the use? Road only? Track?

As I understand it the fuel maps are the same, but the TC, AWC, ABS etc all have different settings, and the maps have different engine braking levels.

My experience is with the 2016 model, and the Corse ECU was much nicer for track use. On the road you will see no real difference either way, both are great.

v01d
01-31-2018, 07:01 PM
What’s the use? Road only? Track?
As I understand it the fuel maps are the same, but the TC, AWC, ABS etc all have different settings, and the maps have different engine braking levels.
My experience is with the 2016 model, and the Corse ECU was much nicer for track use. On the road you will see no real difference either way, both are great.

So for a track bike, you saying I should buy Corse ECU? Are those more expansive?

Do you get any more options of what you can do with it (like, I don't know, some new options on the dash , or ..), or just the different maps programmed?

snikwad
01-31-2018, 07:41 PM
If you're pretty skilled and race and 100%. U may benefit from the lessened electronic aids of the corsa one. Otherwise. The accessory is just fine. Power is the same between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v01d
01-31-2018, 08:39 PM
If you're pretty skilled and race and 100%. U may benefit from the lessened electronic aids of the corsa one. Otherwise. The accessory is just fine. Power is the same between the two.

I see. No i like my electronics aids, still to play lots with them. And learn the bike really..

snikwad
01-31-2018, 10:23 PM
I see. No i like my electronics aids, still to play lots with them. And learn the bike really..So sound like the accessory is best in this case.

Maciej1230
02-02-2018, 06:02 AM
Depends on Your needs, I had a Honda CBR 1000 (sc57) before, and went all the trouble to get HRC ECU,
so I decided to go for the corse mapping with Aprilia.
Never been happier, its race with some steroids.
Less engine braking, less intrusive ABS, and TC [different levels of adjustability when pushing the envelope
( umm how to describe this..for scale of 1 to 10 of sensor sensitivity You get to lessen it in certain ranges,
but ranges change when You change maps: stock 5-10/10,race 3-8/10,corse 1-6/10)].
http://www.aprilia.com.au/pdfs/COE13021.pdf