PDA

View Full Version : Bike bhp increase

meherzad7
01-21-2018, 09:27 AM
Hey guys.

I bought an race fit exhaust, k&n air filter iridium plugs and factory race ecu on my rsv4 r aprc.

What would be the horsepower now like after all this...

We dont have a dyno to check in our city....

Just wanted an average idea on the power upgrade

rsnet
01-21-2018, 12:33 PM
End can, air filter and race ECU (stock Factory tune) I’m guessing model 2011-2015.
Probably between 2-5 bhp, you would need to go to a Gabro or personal tune to get some more or even just even out the power delivery.

To get bigger gains would need a full exhaust, head and valve work plus cams.

2016RF in stock trim would give about 15-20 at the wheel straight out compared to APRC model.
Back then the brochures claimed 180, we were around 162 at the wheel at that time.

Rode every factory model since since the beginning, the latest ‘17 even with stock Euro4 exhaust is amazing, the fuelling from Factory is great.

Bolt ons don’t add like they used to, need to go down the custom tuning route to see bigger gains.

For sure you have improved your bike, maybe to how Aprilia would have liked it to leave the Factory, enjoy

Viper1
01-21-2018, 03:26 PM
End can, air filter and race ECU (stock Factory tune) I’m guessing model 2011-2015.
Probably between 2-5 bhp, you would need to go to a Gabro or personal tune to get some more or even just even out the power delivery.

To get bigger gains would need a full exhaust, head and valve work plus cams.

2016RF in stock trim would give about 15-20 at the wheel straight out compared to APRC model.
Back then the brochures claimed 180, we were around 162 at the wheel at that time.

Rode every factory model since since the beginning, the latest ‘17 even with stock Euro4 exhaust is amazing, the fuelling from Factory is great.

Bolt ons don’t add like they used to, need to go down the custom tuning route to see bigger gains.

For sure you have improved your bike, maybe to how Aprilia would have liked it to leave the Factory, enjoy

Even with a full exhaust your limited...maybe a few additional through the power band, where you gain with a full exhaust is in the weight! The factory systems are so well designed to flow today that aftermarket exhaust makers can only really improve on the weight! Slip on's are better band for the buck unless your racing the bike...which 95% of us are NOT doing!

rsnet
01-21-2018, 04:00 PM
« Even a full exhaust your limited «

Exactly,, that’s why I say you need all three, exhaust valve head work & cams before you see any kind of ´great or significant ‘ gains.

I’m in that 5% as I’ve not ridden on the road for Years. So my opinions are worthless.