PDA

View Full Version : Guzzidiag on a tablet

Rino S
01-14-2018, 07:34 PM
Hi guys

I was wondering if it is possible to use a tablet for guzzidiag. Am about to head to Philip island from cairns and would love to have this excellent software come with me. I see the Lonelec leads have an adapter to fit my tablet but not sure if it can be done. Is it possible?

Thanks

murphc13
01-14-2018, 07:44 PM
In the computer world all is possible but I doubt it’ll happen.

ZR1000A1
01-14-2018, 08:57 PM
Microsoft Surface Pro [emoji16]

vfr1200
01-14-2018, 09:27 PM
Open flash tablet

plocky
01-15-2018, 01:08 AM
Open flash tablet
yes, that's an alternative that costs big time up front, but comes with maps.
Would be interested to see the diagnostics screen on the OFT for the available diag functions.

Cosmik de Bris
01-15-2018, 03:39 PM
Any tablet that runs Windows 10 should work OK.

Cheers

Rino S
01-15-2018, 04:55 PM
Thanks for replies, will give it a try to see if it is possible.

Rino S
01-15-2018, 05:08 PM
No applications to perform this action. This is what comes up after it downloaded, was worth a try. Wonder what app is needed

Gabro
01-16-2018, 12:53 AM
Any tablet that runs Windows 10 should work OK.

Cheers

you will not have to run via app, but via windows

Rino S
01-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Just spent about 4 hours trying to set this up but keep running into problems. Then reading lonelec site saw I needed an app to run this on my tablet. I am not computer smart ( too old ) but think my problem is my tablet is android, whatever that means. Has anyone ever done this on android tablet with success? Maybe it is not possible.

plocky
01-16-2018, 06:09 PM
I think you will find that the Micro USB adaptor that came with your Lonelec cables is not meant for GuzziDiag, it is meant for TuneECU that is an app that runs on Android devices.
Our bikes aren't supported by this, that I know of.

Quote;
** USB MICRO ADAPTOR FOR TUNEECU ANDROID NOW INCLUDED **
http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_20&product_id=51

TuneECU "Aprilia models Caponord and Futura RST." http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/index.html

ZR1000A1
01-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Just spent about 4 hours trying to set this up but keep running into problems. Then reading lonelec site saw I needed an app to run this on my tablet. I am not computer smart ( too old ) but think my problem is my tablet is android, whatever that means. Has anyone ever done this on android tablet with success? Maybe it is not possible.GuzziDiag is a Windows application. It simply can't run on Android OS, doesn't matter what cables/adapters you have

Rino S
01-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone for replies, just been searching for information but you guys are informative as ever. Thought it would be too easy. From what I gather it could work with the older ecu. Still I will bring the leads with me on my journey just in case. Can't wait to burn rubber at the island, just love the place.

Thanks again, best forum ever

plocky
01-16-2018, 11:58 PM
Thanks everyone for replies, just been searching for information but you guys are informative as ever. Thought it would be too easy. From what I gather it could work with the older ecu. Still I will bring the leads with me on my journey just in case. Can't wait to burn rubber at the island, just love the place.

Thanks again, best forum ever
Good idea, at least if you have the cables with you, it may help if you have an issue to borrow a laptop & download GD.
I took mine & my laptop to the island last year.:burnout:

You are gunna love Phillip Island on the RSV4. :)

Me at Siberia,
https://s13.postimg.org/9hn713sfr/AN5_W1229.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/myk5jz2r7/)

Rino S
01-17-2018, 04:42 PM
Top photo Plocky, this will be my 5th afterburner but it is a long way home for me. You guys are so lucky to have that track so close. We need to tow that island up north, our riders really need a circuit up here. Last trip in 2015 to the island on the rsv4 was great but it rained and stormed when our session came up just like is here at the moment. I too have some great poster photos of days at the island off steve but I just need another of the rsv over lukey to go beside the Mille and the 1098r. I really liked eastern creek too.

After fitting my ventura rack with evotech tail tidy I had to rob blinkers off my 300 husaberg to clear the rack. These blinkers are identical to the 1098r ones.