PDA

View Full Version : Bonamici reverse shift rearsets APRC

Ducrape
01-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Hey everybody, I'm one of those new guys with all the questions and little knowledge lol
Don't kill me just yet.
Today's inquiry is on rearsets.
Currently running the OEM Aprilia reverse shift and Rizoma footpegs.
As the track sessions are growing very much regular I'm slowly upgrading the BEAST
Does anyone have any experience with Bonamici?
:confused:

MamboItaliono
01-10-2018, 07:08 PM
First post's first bump lol

Still don't know the answer to your question, but bumping this thread for those who do

motoracerx
01-10-2018, 08:48 PM
I've been considering the Bono's for the Tuono. I got a pair of new Driven TT's stupid cheap though instead.

I was going to rock them cause Nicky Hayden endorsed them/raced with them.

Ducrape
01-10-2018, 10:12 PM
I've been considering the Bono's for the Tuono. I got a pair of new Driven TT's stupid cheap though instead.

I was going to rock them cause Nicky Hayden endorsed them/raced with them.

I think I’m going to order them and give them a shot unless someone sways me not to...
I had intentions to pick up a set from lightech.
I have an opportunity to try these out though so probably what I’m going to do.

I’ve yet to find even an image of a set on an Ape so maybe I’ll post up a bunch for the world to see...

Mille-R
01-11-2018, 02:25 AM
Bonamici rearsets are great. I have them on my trackday bike and you can buy parts for them if you crash

Ducrape
01-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Sweet!
So do you have the reverse shift or standard shift?
Have you downed the bike with these rearsets?
If so, how’d they hold up on impact?

Mille-R
01-12-2018, 02:38 AM
I have the reversed gear shift with IRC auto blipper. Just crashed the bike a couple of month ago and the rearset was almost intact. The peg was heavly worn but other than that okay.

Ducrape
01-12-2018, 06:10 PM
I have the reversed gear shift with IRC auto blipper. Just crashed the bike a couple of month ago and the rearset was almost intact. The peg was heavly worn but other than that okay.

Thats good to know! Glad it stays together after impact.
I need an auto blipper too but for now are these the same ones you picked up for yours?

https://www.motodracing.com/bonamici-racing-rearset-kits-aprilia

I ordered mine and can’t wait to fit them! I’ll post pics when I have them for anyone that’s curious going forward.

ranman03
01-15-2018, 03:54 PM
I have them on all my bikes and they are excellent.

As for the RSV4/TV4 they are probably the best as far as easy of adjustment. They are pretty slick how you can change the shift lever on the splint without adjusting anything else.

--Randy

Ducrape
01-18-2018, 11:48 PM
I have them on all my bikes and they are excellent.

As for the RSV4/TV4 they are probably the best as far as easy of adjustment. They are pretty slick how you can change the shift lever on the splint without adjusting anything else.

--Randy

Do you make many adjustments? I finally have my set and fitted the right side so far.
I'm digging the folding toe pegs I added to them too :D
I’m hoping to test them out this weekend, I’m sure they need some adjustments on positions and what not.

I've set them about 1” up and back from stock for starters.
Suggestions or inputs from your Ape set up?

Ducrape
01-18-2018, 11:49 PM

Ducrape
01-18-2018, 11:51 PM

MamboItaliono
01-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Well now... wow :rambo:

motoracerx
01-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Do you make many adjustments? I finally have my set and fitted the right side so far.
I'm digging the folding toe pegs I added to them too :D
I’m hoping to test them out this weekend, I’m sure they need some adjustments on positions and what not.

I've set them about 1” up and back from stock for starters.
Suggestions or inputs from your Ape set up?

Can't really give another person suggestions on their 'ergos' of their rearset, clipon position, etc...
It's whatever feels right to you. That's why they're adjustable. There's no cookie-cutter set up for peg postion.

Ducrape
01-19-2018, 08:43 PM
You’re not lying lol
Motoracerx I’m not sure why I asked that :lol:
These things sure are pretty though
Only thing I didn’t know was that I needed a in-line brake switch.
Ordered and otw.

Ducrape
01-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Garage testing over ��
Street testing this weekend so I can dial her in.

ranman03
01-23-2018, 10:18 AM
Yeah sorry not sure what your ergo's are...

I just love the adjustability on the shift lever. 1 allen head bolt, take the shift lever off, reposition, and put the bolt back in.

Less than 5 minutes to completely adjust and nothing else needs to move.

Makes it awesome if you like to switch bikes with people at track days or bring a new set of riding boots that fit slightly different.

--Randy

Ducrape
01-23-2018, 10:56 PM
Yeah sorry not sure what your ergo's are...

I just love the adjustability on the shift lever. 1 allen head bolt, take the shift lever off, reposition, and put the bolt back in.

Less than 5 minutes to completely adjust and nothing else needs to move.

Makes it awesome if you like to switch bikes with people at track days or bring a new set of riding boots that fit slightly different.

--Randy

Yeah Randy, it’s pretty nice to do so quick of an adjustment.
I had to adjust it while I went testing Sunday.
I pulled over and quickly fixed the position.

The bolt does not need to be removed, you just loosen it a turn and there’s a slide behind the lever.
It slides and those markings help with location incase you need another adjustment or like you said someone else hops on.
count your marking and your done.
The brake lever has the same slide setup.

Ducrape
01-23-2018, 11:00 PM
Slight modification needed if your still running OEM pipe or at least bracket location
If you’ve an aftermarket Exhaust set up or even more so the Akro mounted at passenger peg no mod needed and bracket on rearsets can be removed

The mod was needed to put the rearsets at one of the lower further back locations only and again only with OEM pipe.

ranman03
01-24-2018, 07:54 AM
I wasn't referring to the toe peg adjustment.

I am talking about the entire shift lever.

It is on a spline system so you can adjust it. I am very weird in that I do not really like my toe pegs not lined up 100% flush with the shift lever.

It makes me feel as my boot does not sit flat on the shifter. Not sure if that make sense...

--Randy

Ducrape
01-24-2018, 08:00 PM
I get what you’re saying now.
The right side doesn’t have the same type of set up.
Not for the lever, there’s more involved.
The brake pressure rod in connected so that needs adjustment
There’s a nut and Allen that adjusts the position.

ranman03
01-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Yes that is correct.

I actually reused the OEM brake pin instead of the Bonamici one as I felt it went inside the MC rubber a little tighter.

My bike is 90% track only so I just capped off the brake light switch so it stays deactivated.

--Randy

Ducrape
01-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Yes that is correct.

I actually reused the OEM brake pin instead of the Bonamici one as I felt it went inside the MC rubber a little tighter.

My bike is 90% track only so I just capped off the brake light switch so it stays deactivated.

--Randy

Ya mine is mostly track also, I occasionally street it for a few months.
I tossed a brake switch on.
Ya that MC pin was very tight to install.
It’s short though which is good because the position I went with atm would’ve put the lever way in the way.

I can’t wait to get my Akro and be done with that bracket being in the way.
Soon :happy: