PDA

View Full Version : Abs to be added to aprc version

meherzad7
01-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Hi guys.
I have an aprc r 2012 model can i retrofit the abs to my bike.
What all would be needed for it.

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-05-2018, 02:03 PM
too many parts....gas tank, all the lines, the ABS pump, calipers, master cylinders, plus some setup with the PADS dealer computer to remove your CLF box, and setup the ABS. Remove engine to run the new brake lines.

if you really want ABS, go trade it in on a 2017....with tons more power, features, and ABS for probably what the above would cost.

amauri
01-05-2018, 10:41 PM
I've done it before, but only because I had two bikes to swap the parts.
One customer wanted to remove the ABS and make his 2014 a race bike, and the other customer wanted to install ABS on his 2012 for street use.

With the two bikes side by side, switching the parts was not a problem.
But as Ed said, it was very time consuming and expensive labor to do it correctly.

Patrick Murray
01-06-2018, 02:19 AM
What is the torque spec on the abs banjo bolts w/ new copper washers?

plocky
01-06-2018, 02:38 AM
What is the torque spec on the abs banjo bolts w/ new copper washers?
The same as what's in the workshop/service station manual. Do you have one?

rsnet
01-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Just trade it for a newer model, more advances to be gained not just the ABS

YONGSAN
01-07-2018, 01:43 PM
I've installed everything on my bike.
2016 RF Harness
Abs module
2016 Tuono Tank
Abs brake line

My bike is 2010 factory.

If you want to abs
Abs module
Harness from 2013 onwards
Abs brake lines
Abs tank needed after 2013

Proctologist
01-08-2018, 11:43 AM
I've installed everything on my bike.
2016 RF Harness
Abs module
2016 Tuono Tank
Abs brake line

My bike is 2010 factory.

If you want to abs
Abs module
Harness from 2013 onwards
Abs brake lines
Abs tank needed after 2013

If you don't mind sharing, what did the upgrade cost in total?

YONGSAN
01-09-2018, 08:37 PM
If you don't mind sharing, what did the upgrade cost in total?

I installed it myself, no service cost was incurred, but I paid only for the parts by about $450US
All you need is a price based on used parts.
Painting and Pads test, Exclude Shipping Costs

But there is something to be careful about.
If you use the instrument panel as it is,
The harness you need to buy is European model year 2013.2014.
It is not to be pardoned after 2015.

If you buy a harness from 2015,2016 RSV4R , RF you must also change the harness to the same Dash model year.
Exhaust servo not working, although I haven't seen the diagram The error can not be cleared.

ex) 2016rf harness + 2014 dash = servo not working
2016rf harness + 2016 dash= servo working

sailordoug
01-23-2018, 07:16 AM
I installed it myself, no service cost was incurred, but I paid only for the parts by about $450US
All you need is a price based on used parts.
Painting and Pads test, Exclude Shipping Costs

But there is something to be careful about.
If you use the instrument panel as it is,
The harness you need to buy is European model year 2013.2014.
It is not to be pardoned after 2015.

If you buy a harness from 2015,2016 RSV4R , RF you must also change the harness to the same Dash model year.
Exhaust servo not working, although I haven't seen the diagram The error can not be cleared.

ex) 2016rf harness + 2014 dash = servo not working
2016rf harness + 2016 dash= servo working
Finally found someone who has done it themselves. I also want to retrofit abs to my 2012 tuono v4 aprc. Had a few questions for you:
1. Did you need new calipers or do the stock calipers (P432) work with the abs servo.
2. Also did you need to install the 2014 model software on the ecu? Does the ecu take to it without any issues or is any software gimmicry required.
3. Do you have any alarm lights on the dash after the upgrade. Is the abs intervention seamless as on factory fitted bikes or is it jerky?
4. Does the entire wiring harness need to be changed or the abs wiring plugs directly into the main harness somewhere?
5. If I do not want to change the tank is there any place else i can locate the abs module? Obviously since it the most expensive bit.
6. Any pics of your set up would be helpful. Obviously I don't want to spend a forture but don't want to die while riding the bike either...:cathat:

Thanks

YONGSAN
01-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Finally found someone who has done it themselves. I also want to retrofit abs to my 2012 tuono v4 aprc. Had a few questions for you:
1. Did you need new calipers or do the stock calipers (P432) work with the abs servo.
2. Also did you need to install the 2014 model software on the ecu? Does the ecu take to it without any issues or is any software gimmicry required.
3. Do you have any alarm lights on the dash after the upgrade. Is the abs intervention seamless as on factory fitted bikes or is it jerky?
4. Does the entire wiring harness need to be changed or the abs wiring plugs directly into the main harness somewhere?
5. If I do not want to change the tank is there any place else i can locate the abs module? Obviously since it the most expensive bit.
6. Any pics of your set up would be helpful. Obviously I don't want to spend a forture but don't want to die while riding the bike either...:cathat:

Thanks

1. I like the new caliper but I have used it and changed the brake master Brembo 19rcs
2. 2013 stock map or race map was inserted and the whole aprc and abs aqs were opened through the pad.
3. No warning lights on instrument cluster (Added new flickering abs lights) There is no problem. Work normally
4. Change the main harness only (2013, 2014 main harness).
You also need to remove the cfl sensor and connect to abs module.
The main harness has an abs module connection wiring.
5. The tank must be replaced. There is no place to put the module.

+ complete upgrade, through pad, a map of 2013 was inserted, learned and imu corrected, and all errors were cleared, no subsequent error codes were present, and everything worked correctly

I'll upload the picture again.
All the pictures are in the office.

sailordoug
02-06-2018, 11:11 PM
1. I like the new caliper but I have used it and changed the brake master Brembo 19rcs
2. 2013 stock map or race map was inserted and the whole aprc and abs aqs were opened through the pad.
3. No warning lights on instrument cluster (Added new flickering abs lights) There is no problem. Work normally
4. Change the main harness only (2013, 2014 main harness).
You also need to remove the cfl sensor and connect to abs module.
The main harness has an abs module connection wiring.
5. The tank must be replaced. There is no place to put the module.

+ complete upgrade, through pad, a map of 2013 was inserted, learned and imu corrected, and all errors were cleared, no subsequent error codes were present, and everything worked correctly

I'll upload the picture again.
All the pictures are in the office.
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Will await pics so i can start work on my bike as well.
Did you need to remove the engine to run the main harness wiring?
Also what brake calipers did you use front/rear?
I have the European spec 2012 Tuono. Could you give me the part number of the main wiring harness I should order? So I don't order the wrong one.

thanks