PDA

View Full Version : 2017 rsv4 rf, where is the exhaust valve servo located?

Dookoo
01-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Picked up a new 2017 RF yesterday. I removed the cables from the exhaust valve on the exhaust cannister but left it hanging there because I couldnít see where the servo was located. It wasnít behind the right fairing as I saw in a YouTube vid. Is it under the tank and hard to reach? Thanks in advance. Oh, I put a nice dent in the front rim. Rocks all over Highway 1 south of Big Sur😞

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-04-2018, 07:21 PM
on the RH frame rail. Pic is of a 17 Tuono, but same place on a 17 RSV4, just under that black plastic.

find the couple hidden zip ties on the cables along the inside of the frame rail, then the cables snake right out pretty easy.

Dookoo
01-04-2018, 10:06 PM
on the RH frame rail. Pic is of a 17 Tuono, but same place on a 17 RSV4, just under that black plastic.

find the couple hidden zip ties on the cables along the inside of the frame rail, then the cables snake right out pretty easy.

Thanks, Iíll take a look in the morning.

CIAO 70
01-05-2018, 02:02 AM
When you remove the servo and cables aren't you going to be throwing codes?

It's my understanding that due to where the servo/flapper is located on the 17's it makes it much more difficult to put on an aftermarket exhaust without having code issues.

I'm curious about any responses because I am waiting to put exhaust (slip on Arrow without cat) on my 17 RF and was told I should get the RACE ECU due to coding and engine management issues.

Thoughts?

Sorry to hear about banging a rock already. Bummer.

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-05-2018, 08:38 AM
You need to change maps when runnng a slip on

Either
Akra with unlock code
Race ecu
Or oft tablet

Revit
01-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Remove cable. Leave servo.

McKane
01-05-2018, 07:41 PM
When you remove the servo and cables aren't you going to be throwing codes?

It's my understanding that due to where the servo/flapper is located on the 17's it makes it much more difficult to put on an aftermarket exhaust without having code issues.

I'm curious about any responses because I am waiting to put exhaust (slip on Arrow without cat) on my 17 RF and was told I should get the RACE ECU due to coding and engine management issues.

Thoughts?

Sorry to hear about banging a rock already. Bummer.

Hi CIAO 70,

Which Arrow exhaust have you bought? In their web (arrow.it) I can see only until 2016 year...

I have the 2018 RSV4 RF (like 2017) and I like the Arrow GP2 but I think is different size than 2016 model

Regards

Dookoo
01-05-2018, 10:39 PM
I ordered an SC Project race Oval. Will not changing to a race ECU damage the bike?

MamboItaliono
01-05-2018, 11:10 PM
That question again...

junkyardape
01-17-2018, 01:53 AM
hi all.
i’m in a similar situation on my 2017 rsv4 rr.
i got a arrow titanium pro race 2016 slip on i made fit on my ‘17. went ahead and removed the cable, threw a cel, emptied the servo motor and reinstalled...cel still on.

to get to the point, i’ve read about OFT and brentuning solutions and ordered today the brentuning option for the 2017.
does this kit come with everything to achieve the same result?

apparently my healtech ese-a01 wont work due to having a 5 pin connection.

any help is appreciated if i’m heading the right direction.

junkyardape
01-17-2018, 02:01 AM
sorry. to be clear i mean: will this kit come with ecerything to hook up and give the ecu a new flash so i can clear the code and delete the servo and run the exhaust?

my impressions of this bike is ecu mapping/flash or race ecu is the only choices out there if any exhaust mod is to be done to prevent any damage.

gankaku78
05-16-2018, 06:50 AM
Hi All,

I've just replaced exhaust in my Tuono 1100 RR 2017. The new one is Arrow GP2 (black - same as Tuono). For now I dont see any error codes after engine start. The friend of mine did the same in RSV 2017. On the very beginning he was able to see some exup error codes, but now, with no intervention from his side all the errors disappeared and everything is ok.

By the way - doeas anyone have some service manual showing how to dismount exhaust servo? I know the location but I'm unable to dismount it to disconnect and finally unmount two exhaust cables.

Thank you.

flobrandx
05-16-2018, 11:00 AM
Hi All,

I've just replaced exhaust in my Tuono 1100 RR 2017. The new one is Arrow GP2 (black - same as Tuono). For now I dont see any error codes after engine start. The friend of mine did the same in RSV 2017. On the very beginning he was able to see some exup error codes, but now, with no intervention from his side all the errors disappeared and everything is ok.

By the way - doeas anyone have some service manual showing how to dismount exhaust servo? I know the location but I'm unable to dismount it to disconnect and finally unmount two exhaust cables.

Thank you.
You'll only see error codes if you disconnect the servo electrical plug and do not have the race map. If you leave the servo motor connected to the electrical system and only remove the cables there will be no error code.

AF1 sells all the Aprilia service manuals. http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=86951&sku=Manual-2Q000123E4&description=OEM+Aprilia+Svc+Stn+Manual+%2717%2D%27 18+Tuono+V4+1100

skitz0
05-18-2018, 08:47 AM
sorry for hijacking this thread, how about the servo motor for 2016 where is it?? how do you guys remove the servo motor?? thanks

flobrandx
05-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Lower right side. Remove cables to exhaust collector valve from servo motor. Wire valve open on exhaust collector. If you have the race map you can disconnect the electrical plug and remove servo motor. If no race map leave servo motor installed and plugged in.

skitz0
05-19-2018, 12:48 AM
Thanks, FlobrandX