maxredline
12-14-2017, 10:54 PM
McNews Australia 900 test.
I read it as a mediocre review, not enough to make me switch from my 750
http://www.mcnews.com.au/aprilia-dorsoduro-900-shiver-review-motorcycle-test/

Frodo
12-15-2017, 12:43 AM
Hi Max
I think it is a fair review and generally positive, and reflects my opinion after riding the 900. The motor is great and I agree that that the wide range over which it puts power to the rear wheel will make lit less exciting for some riders than a 600 supersport. But not to me. The motor reminded me of my DS1000 Multistrada and frankly I can't wish for more (for our 100 km/h religiously enforced roads).
I agree with the review that the bike is a bit porky, but you could not have shaved much weight with the rather modest changes made.
The motor makes this a significantly better bike than the 750, but, like you, its not betterer enough for me to pay the difference from trading my bike.

Thrillmoto
12-18-2017, 10:18 AM
I was wondering if the Shiv changes from the 750 to 900 were enough to make the jump. Frodo, your comparison to the 1000DS is a strong point to me since I have one and consider it to be one of the “happiest” motors i’ve ever had the pleasure of using. I’m fortunate to have several bikes, and guess until they make the Shiv a 1200, the 750 works perfect for my use as a city bike.