PDA

View Full Version : Austin Racing vs SC Project [RSV4 2016]

rsv4rf
11-29-2017, 04:33 AM
Hello guys,

I am about to choose an exhaust solution for my RSV4 '16 and I don't know which one to pick between the solutions offered by the two company.

I have a CRT SC project fitted on my Tuono and I love the sound and the feeling with the bike. I lost a bit of power on the lower RPMs but can deal with that. I am worried, however, that fitting one on my RSV without a racing map could not be ideal given the higher power.

What are your opinions on the matter? What do you think about the three different solutions below?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Viper1
11-29-2017, 06:43 AM
I like the look of the SC exhaust better. I have two Austin's (own 2 RSV4's) and love them very well built and sound great, but I like the looks of the SC better. Either one you wont go wrong! Good luck and let us know which direction you go!

murphc13
11-29-2017, 07:23 AM
SC Project is cheaper and better built.
Better welding and looks better.
Rich is charging way over the top for his product.
Trust me on this.

andyandtherman
11-29-2017, 07:48 AM
I have the AR on my 2017 RF. I love the looks, sound, and performance of the pipe. It is very well built with perfect welds, and there has been no drop in power. Quite the opposite in fact since it's paired with a race ecu.

Aus_rs
11-29-2017, 08:44 AM
I've never seen a dyno Sheet other than AR's saying it makes more power than a stock pipe

murphc13
11-29-2017, 09:50 AM
I have the AR on my 2017 RF. I love the looks, sound, and performance of the pipe. It is very well built with perfect welds, and there has been no drop in power. Quite the opposite in fact since it's paired with a race ecu.
Glad you’re happy with it.
All i said is they are over priced.
Ive had 2.Necer had a GP1 and they look better than what I had.

ranman03
11-29-2017, 10:04 AM
I have always used AR pipes and they have all been top notch quality and worth the price to me.

I now however have the SC GP70R and equally as happy with it...

Can't go wrong either way. Both sound amazing.

You will need the RACE ECU, Open Flash, Gabro, or some other sort of tune for the pipe.

--Randy

Viper1
11-29-2017, 01:22 PM
I have always used AR pipes and they have all been top notch quality and worth the price to me.

I now however have the SC GP70R and equally as happy with it...

Can't go wrong either way. Both sound amazing.

You will need the RACE ECU, Open Flash, Gabro, or some other sort of tune for the pipe.

--Randy

"You will need...." To fully optimize the performance of the exhaust you should get a RACE ECU otherwise it's not necessary in my mind. I'm one to question (and could be certainly wrong) but unless you have a full system and RACE ECU isn't necessary unless your tracking (a lot) the bike or racing it. Just my $0.02 worth.

murphc13
11-29-2017, 02:12 PM
"You will need...." To fully optimize the performance of the exhaust you should get a RACE ECU otherwise it's not necessary in my mind. I'm one to question (and could be certainly wrong) but unless you have a full system and RACE ECU isn't necessary unless your tracking (a lot) the bike or racing it. Just my $0.02 worth.
A full system as in a CATLESS system or what do you mean?

ranman03
11-29-2017, 03:17 PM

Aftermarket exhaust or full system = mandatory RACE ECU or other equal tuning required.

I know there is opinions out there about it and I don't want to argue either way but when AF1, Amauri, & other professionals highly recommend I tend to listen.

--Randy

andyandtherman
11-29-2017, 05:56 PM
I've never seen a dyno Sheet other than AR's saying it makes more power than a stock pipe

I never looked at any sheets. I just felt it when I grabbed the throttle. Remember, it's coupled with a race ecu, and all of the emissions were gutted. It can actually breathe so of course it'll make more power. That said, I'm not saying one pipe is better than another. Just relaying my own experience. They're both good choices. I just prefer the AR's look, so I went that route.

marcodarq
11-29-2017, 05:57 PM
sc over ar everyday......!!!!!
either way have it dyno tested to see if you need the race ecu.
m

andyandtherman
11-29-2017, 06:58 PM
What would a dyno test reveal as far as whether he would need a race ecu? Just power stats? I would imagine anytime you let any of these beasts breathe better, you should give them a little more juice so they don't get too thirsty. I know it's mandatory on the 17's, but I can't imagine it wouldn't help any of these bikes.

stan1
11-29-2017, 07:24 PM
SC Project gets my Vote!!!!

GixxerMKD
11-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Me on the SC Project stand on EICMA: I have Aprilia RSV4 RR 2017, and i'm interested in buying CR-T Silencer, i know that if i don't buy the Aprilia race ECU from the local dealer, the warranty for my bike will be void, but my question is: If i'm ready to go over the warranty, and i install CR-T on my Aprilia without the racing ECU, will it do any harm on the engine?

SC Project guy: Yes, you will have to add the racing unit to avoid some error or engine problems.

murphc13
11-30-2017, 02:37 AM
Me on the SC Project stand on EICMA: I have Aprilia RSV4 RR 2017, and i'm interested in buying CR-T Silencer, i know that if i don't buy the Aprilia race ECU from the local dealer, the warranty for my bike will be void, but my question is: If i'm ready to go over the warranty, and i install CR-T on my Aprilia without the racing ECU, will it do any harm on the engine?

SC Project guy: Yes, you will have to add the racing unit to avoid some error or engine problems.
At least he wasn’t telling you the cheapest route to his product irrespective of the consequences/non consequences.

OlliW
11-30-2017, 02:39 AM
From what I understand, Euro-models have different std maps and pre-2017 models can be run with a std map and a slipon.
Though they also probably work better with the race map but it is not as important as on the US models.
2017-onwards it is a bit different since the exhaust valve is now within the silencer so you need to turn that off if you change to a slipon and I donīt think it is possible with the std ecu.

andyandtherman
11-30-2017, 06:12 PM
The 17's absolutely require a race ecu, even with a slip on.