PDA

View Full Version : Brembo rcs question

brl0301
11-17-2017, 06:03 PM
So I have sort of a headscratcher that hopefully you guys can help me with.

I installed a new brembo rcs17 onto my abs rsv4 yesterday. Install went smoothly and was able to bleed the system without issue. Went for a test ride afterwards and the brakes felt great. Threw a zip tie on the lever overnight to hopefully get a little extra firmness. When I came out in the morning the lever was completely soft. I removed the zip tie and on the first pull the lever got firm again. I re-bled the brakes just in case there was some air in the system. Zip tied it again and same issue with soft lever after removing zip tie. Checked everything for leaks and everything was nice and dry.

If my understanding of how the system works is correct, there should be no way that the lever could loose pressure overnight short of a leak somewhere in system (either internally or externally). If there are no external leaks is it safe to conclude that the pressure leaked back into the reservoir? Would this point to a faulty seal in the master?

I have bled and zip tied many other masters and never recall the levers being soft after removing the zip tie.

desmolvr
11-17-2017, 06:53 PM
What year RSV4? Does it have abs?

brl0301
11-17-2017, 07:04 PM
16, yes it does have abs

YONGSAN
11-18-2017, 12:55 AM
Removing ABS can make you feel better

motoracerx
11-18-2017, 03:29 PM
OP, you're not getting many responses because this issue/topic has been discussed throughly.

I had the same issues with the OEM master on my '13 RSV4 with T-brembo rotors, RBF 660 fluid and EBC GPFAX pads.

I solved the problem just by thoroughly bleediing. I didn't do the 'abs module purging' procedure as it is outlined in the manual.

Here are forum search results for 'brake fade'. http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1361049

brl0301
11-19-2017, 01:04 AM
OP, you're not getting many responses because this issue/topic has been discussed throughly.

I had the same issues with the OEM master on my '13 RSV4 with T-brembo rotors, RBF 660 fluid and EBC GPFAX pads.

I solved the problem just by thoroughly bleediing. I didn't do the 'abs module purging' procedure as it is outlined in the manual.

Here are forum search results for 'brake fade'. http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1361049

Ive read through all the threads that have anything to do with brake fade and non of them seem to be the same issue I am having with my rcs. The rcs feels perfectly fine while riding but is losing pressure overnight with the lever zip tied to the handle bar.

Is that the same issue you were having with your bike? If the issue was the result of air in the system, I wouldn't think it would feel fine while riding and would not explain why the master is losing pressure overnight.