PDA

View Full Version : Magnesium Wheels

kaosRSV
04-02-2003, 03:56 AM
I can get a set of magnesium Wheel for a really good price , what about using them only for street ???

A friend of mine told me that they are easy to damage if you ride over a bump or you ride into an hole....

... and that, for example, many people with rsv1000r damage theyr mag. wheels 'coz of street use...:rolleyes:

what do you suggest ?

kaos^rsv

micah apriliaforum com
04-02-2003, 10:54 AM
We have a lot of customers who do use them on the street. I personally am not of the budget yet to do so but probably would if cost were not an issue. I would however get them x-rayed each year to make sure they were still sound. I even get my helmets x-rayed so maybe I am a freak.

TedMeyer
04-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Given how much time, energy and money we put into these bikes, I think we're all freaks. Maybe we should all get our helmets x-rayed -- while we're wearing them!

As to wheels, I don't know anyone riding an RS with them, but plenty of Duc riders I know ride them on the street with no issues. Depending on whom you're buying them from and how much you trust them, testing them might not be a bad idea. Or if you're just looking to shed rotating weight, the BrakeTech rotors will give you good results.

Ted
CCS#242

rgv250rider
04-02-2003, 02:20 PM
I've been using Marchesini magnesium wheels on both my RZ350 and Hawk GT on the street and have never had any problems.

I would guess that any good sized "pot hole" is going to trash any wheel.

kaosRSV
04-03-2003, 02:47 AM
Probabily I can get them at 50% less...:rollin:

BUT.. but the back wheel offered to me is 5,00 x 17" or 5,50 x 17" , while the 250 one is 4,50........ :mad: