PDA

View Full Version : HELP MANUAL NEEDED!!!

spadey
04-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Hi can anyone help me im desperate for a manul for my 97 rs 250. Is there anyone who can e mail me bits or have got one on cd.Also im after a set of pipes if anyone has some arrows or jolly motos.The bike is fantastic but at about 5000 to 8000 rpm it seems to struggle and not want to rev for a few seconds. Then it goes its almost like its choking? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:(

keean
04-19-2003, 06:18 AM
You didn't say what its like above 8000, does it splutter all the way to the red line - or is it okay above say 9000?

Could be a couple of things - but the rev range suggests the power valves are not opening properly, you should check the alignment by earthing the gray wire under the seat (that is NOT connected to anything) with the ignition on, but the engine not running - with the right side fairing (the side with the water filler) removed, make sure the powervalve pullies rotate freely when you touch the wire to the battery (actually I can't remember which terminal to connect it to, but there are only two to try) - holding the wire connected the index mark on the pully should be lined up with the middle index mark on the plate holding the cables). The cables should not be over tight or they won't move properly - Its a good idea to reove the power vavle covers, and clean out the black gloopy stuff with petrol occasionaly - or fit the kit valve covers, and tubes to a collecting bottle...

spadey
04-19-2003, 06:42 AM
Thanks mate, im going to give it a service tomorrow so I will try this. Somebody did suggest it being the powervalves as it runs great but it just struggles abit at about 5 8 rpm after a few seconds of styruggling it flies round to the top. So you think clean and make sure the power valves are adjusted propely? I dont really undrstand what you siad but im sure when I get down and look at the valves etc it will become more obvious.

beanarillo
04-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Hi Spadey

Let me know what parts of the manual you want and i'll try to mail them to u, so also give me an email address aswell.

Beanarillo;)

spadey
04-20-2003, 03:42 AM
Hi mate im after adjusting the powervalves for one and changing the coolant as well.If you could e mail me stuff on this to spadey@whsmithnet.co.uk I would appreciate it.Cheer im also fitting some tyga pipes if you have any hints or tips.Regards Spadey

beanarillo
04-20-2003, 05:23 PM
Ok mate. I'll do it this week on my work email account (don't tell my boss)!!

To test the pv's you earth the grey wire so its the -'ve battery terminal or somewhere else with a good earth connection. Turn on the ignition, earth it, hold it there and then turn the ignition off. The first mark on the pv pully should line up with the mark on the bracket. I'm not that well up on it but there's a really good topic on here that explains it in full. Seem to remember its called 'Adjusting PV's'.

Good luck