PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia Hospitality at Phillip Island Moto GP

AdamT
07-18-2004, 09:02 PM
For the Aussie members .... have you seen the details of the Aprilia Hospitality at the MotoGP. The Aprilia/Moto Guzzi "Champions Club" is set opposite Turn 4 (Honda Corner).

They have picked a great place to watch the race, but at $695 I think I will be giving it a miss. That is a serious uplift over what the other manufacturers hospitality is charging.

What do you think?

Details at:

http://www.aprilia.com.au/news/motograndprix.html

petermac
07-18-2004, 09:57 PM
I think the price difference is due to alcohol being included in the price . Depends on your drinking ability whether it's worth it or not .

RinOz
07-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Yes to dear but I reckon I could give it a nudge:happy: but it would be a bit rude to leave my travelling mates, so I'll give it a miss.:(
Maybe we could arrange to meet up for a beer somewhere maybe the expo or Lukey.................:)

Thunder fighter
07-21-2004, 08:24 AM
I thought the same thing, if the price was a little better I would have gone into the Aprilia area but at that price I will slum it with riding buddies.

The only problem with including the beer is that I will stay off the island at my parents place so no (serious) drinking will the order of the day. I would prefer a price w/o drinks to be offered as well to make it more reasonable.

One of my mates said the price serves us right for buying an "up market" bike. :eek:

OZSLR
07-25-2004, 05:39 AM
I am just about to purchase a set of tickets for myself and 3 mates down from Sydney for a grandstand seat. At $225, for 3 days, and if the food stalls are as good as last year, I think it is much better value.

Anyone else thinking of getting a reserved seat ?

Cheers,

RinOz
07-25-2004, 05:40 PM
I was in Bass Straight last year & didn't really like it, Siberia then Lukey would be my pick but just general admission for us this time:)

vp rsvmille
07-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Siberia grandstand is excellent!!

I was there last year and it is an awsome spot to watch from. You get full view of the riders as they pull away from the start/finish line and see them eventually dissappear over lukey heights.

Thunder fighter
07-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Yep Siberia is good, I was in the stand there at the first ever Phillip Island GP in '89 (I think that was the year). I tend to go general admission and stand at Lukey/MG now.

OZSLR
07-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Was in Bass Straight last year, and whilst it was fun watching them wheelie out of turn 3, it was not the best vantage point so looks like we have voted for Lukey this year.

Anyone else contemplating same ?

Only 78 Sleeps !

Cheers