PDA

View Full Version : US wiring question

stevieboy22
01-01-2016, 07:44 AM
I recently bought a 2009 Rs125. the wiring harness had been changed so it met U.S. lighting requirements. Seller was running rear turn indicators but no fronts. I installed new fronts and got them wired up so they work properly using the wiring diagram and the correct installed connections. Headlight has both high and low beam working properly as well.Problem is when the ignition is first turned on all the dash indicators light up momentarily as they should but not when either the turn signals are in use or when the high beam is in use. handlebar switches work as they should. What am I missing?

stevieboy22
01-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Bueller?....Bueller?

superx1965
01-09-2016, 09:52 AM
I havent experienced this but Ive never used my highbeam nor do I have blinkers hooked up. It could possibly be due to not enough voltage to support the draw of highbeam and or blinkers AND the dash lights. In some ways it makes sense that for liability, they engineered it to sacrafice the guage cluster at the expense of lighting in the event that voltage drops too low. IMO it doesnt seem like the end of the world but i understand your pain. Do you have euro spec blinkers or aftermarket?

stevieboy22
01-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Blinkers are factory Aprilia. The rear were installed when I bought the bike and I added the fronts from AF1. I was surprised the rears worked without fronts. I had always found that a pair wouldn't work unless the circuit was completed front to back. I thought the reason the rears worked alone was due to the front wiring being in contact with one another before I hooked up fronts. It really isn't a big deal as long as I remember the high beam is on or that I have actuated the blinkers and then shut them off after completing the turn. I just like to have everything working as it should.