PDA

View Full Version : H&B Panier Latch

AbuDanger
08-30-2015, 06:46 PM
My bike came with a full set of the factory aluminimum paniers. They look good, but they don't appear to be as strong as I would like for an ADV bike. My buddy uses his touratech cases as a seat while camping, I don't think I would try that with mine.
In any case the latch that holds the panier to the frame broke. Has anyone had this problem? I can get a repacement latch, from the UK for about $50... seems excesive for what it is. Has anyone repaired one of these, or found a reasonabley priced effective alternative?

Precis
08-30-2015, 08:35 PM
Did you look at this very site? Mostly, I buy out of the US because it's cheaper than Europe.

Capoandrew
08-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Have you tried HB direct? They list spare parts

AbuDanger
08-31-2015, 01:16 PM
I searched the forum before posting, but didn't find anything. The only US importer for H&B I could find was motomachines. http://www.motomachines.com/Latch-Assy-case-to-frame_p_703.html they have them for $53 plus shipping.
I have found a couple of UK sites that are slightly less, but I don't know about shipping. I am assuming that with shipping from UK it will be within a few dollars of motomachines.
I am wondering if anyone has an improved latch design or alternative latch mechanism? It seems like a weak point in the system.

Stu_O
08-31-2015, 01:24 PM
Try Twisted Throttle.

Precis
08-31-2015, 05:25 PM
If buying from the UK, don't forget to get the seller to remove the 19% Sales Tax, or whatever it is this month. If goods are exported outside the EU, internal taxes are not payable and if not challenged by the buyer, are merely extra profit.