PDA

View Full Version : The joys of owning a shop

Capoandrew
07-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Had a bit of a blow this morning. The local police called up to say someone had attempted to break into the shop last night. Fortunately the door held and they didn't get in. I have multiple dead locks so that helped. One window was hit, but because it was laminated it stayed in one piece.
Unfortunately, I was in the process of setting up the security system. I have numerous cameras but they weren't connected. Fingerprint guy comes tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful.

Thinking of buying the meanest junk yard dog I can get and leaving him in the shop!!

Hey, I'm being pragmatic about it. I have insurance and they didn't get the Mito and the MF big screen. Just a PITA!!

haga lout
07-26-2015, 08:18 AM
Sorry to hear that it's the same all over scum trying to stop you there not prepared to work for it they just think it's free its the one thing Muslims have right CHOP THERE HANDS OFF!!

Precis
07-26-2015, 09:16 AM
Bugger!
Sorry to hear this mate - time to get the cameras up and live-streaming!

Matt fe2o3
07-26-2015, 05:36 PM
You have a bike in that shop yes? Spot has an asset tracker. Bury one in there. Get an alert if it moves and track location. Just an idea.

Capoandrew
07-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Matt ;-) cheers.

Cameras are now activated.

Pit bull on order.... LOL!!

Hellgate
07-26-2015, 06:25 PM
What a PITA. We're looking at a high def system monitoring system hooked up to the PD.

fig
07-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Good thing you have police that are actual interested in doing something. 20 years ago I had a shop. One night my sister saw.a.car.parked behind it and thought it was me. It wasn't. There were 2 men and a woman in another car. They held my sister against her will by standing behind her car. I happened to be driving by and saw her car. I pulled around and they scattered. I even knew one of them. We went to the cops and they came and looked and said they couldn't do anything even though I identified one of them. I closed her down and moved . That town lost 25% of its population in the following 4 years. Probably due to the corrupt police force.

Capoandrew
07-27-2015, 08:55 PM
The police are hit and miss here. I was lucky. I had attend to the scene two that were approachable, courteous, professional. I have dealt with others in the area that have been completely useless.

Matt fe2o3
07-28-2015, 03:53 AM
The police are hit and miss here. I was lucky. I had attend to the scene two that were approachable, courteous, professional. I have dealt with others in the area that have been completely useless.

Funny that. Here in my town the police are kinda decent about taking property crimes serious. Next door in Oakland they don't even show up unless someone was stabbed, shot or similar, and then only after a while. Report on line, get a report # and call your insurance. Nice, eh? 10K annual in state income tax, 6k in property tax, 10% in local sales (VAT type) tax plus all the other assessments and nickle and dime fees and charges and what do we get? No very much. Out of here as soon as possible.

Edit, just to keep it bike related, glad your bike(s) are all good.

Capoandrew
07-28-2015, 05:21 AM
Thanks guys.
I had a chat with the forensic cop and he said there had been a run of shops being hit for the cash. I have a sign stating that no cash is on the premises, but I forget that some of these crackhead thieves can't read.

coug66
08-06-2015, 10:16 PM
I think an alarm with a really loud bell. Hook a stereo up to it and have a little ACDC dirty deeds done dirt cheap blasting at full volume. or a microphone with reverts to feedback once a breaking sound happens. Also a laser light show wouldn't hurt. Better to scare away then to try and catch an indigent thief who can't pay restitution after the damage has been done.. deterrence is the best option.

JohnG.
08-10-2015, 04:17 AM

Andrew,
Ring in and report the incident... (& get the usual crap about lack of resources)
Then ring back five minutes later
"don't worry, I just shot him..."
Then sit back and wait for cars to surround the place in minutes, pol-air over head etc ;)