PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy tank/radiator shroud?

Caffeineo
07-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Took the bike for a little ride to burn some gas before removing the tank to change the MAP sensor.....and the left side tank cover flew off and broke into 3 pieces. :eek: The bike just runs great until I have to idle for some time then it goes bad. I was enjoying the performance and bam......due to the cracks from the expanded tank, the shroud flew off and got scratched. I was lucky and got to it before anyone came along. But now I need a new tank cover. I looked on AF1 bodywork and they have a lot of wheels and carbon front fender....but no tank shroud.

Anyone interested in a 2011, 1200 that needs a MAP sensor and left tank cover? :(

steve da pierat
07-23-2015, 07:04 AM
Check Ebay for the tank...I think there is one listed. PM me with some picts of the your bike and a $$$.

Caffeineo
07-23-2015, 08:25 AM
The tank on ebay says it will fit a 750/1200.....but from a little search here they are not the same. There is also a gas tank shroud from a 1200.....but it is the right. :(
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?309340-2011-1200-Dorsoduro-needs-MAP-sensor-(included)

I have a friend who wants to help me change the MAP sensor. He is an engineer and likes these kind of challenges. I just want a bike to ride......more than 30 miles without having to worry about letting it idle more than 5 seconds. But I have a feeling if I change the sensor and ride it......I'll keep it. Just too fun and I really like the power delivery, or should I say POWER delivery. :)