PDA

View Full Version : Fault code P0210, red triangle, urgent service and the limp home mode.

Caffeineo
07-07-2015, 11:07 AM
I just got a 2011, 1200 after 20-30 miles the "ride by wire" disconnects and the engine bounces between 2-4K RPMs. The "SERVICE/URGENT SERVICE" message comes on the dash. This has happened all 4 times I have ridden it. Yea, a slow learner but the first 20-30 miles are really fun. I can stop, turn off the engine with the key and start the bike up and ride home in the weak....limp home mode. I was able to read the fault codes with IAWDiag and am getting a P0210 - Error for unexpected intake air in the front cylinder manifold P0210 - signal not valid. Any ideas on what it may be and how to fix this? :confused:

Also: Just checked the dash diagnostics and there are not any checked....current or memo I think it is. The "service" massage still comes on when starting the bike. If it matters, the bike sat for over a year in storage. I have checked the battery voltage and it is good. But I do not have a way to check it under load if that makes a difference.

Caffeineo
07-10-2015, 09:18 AM
I have had 1 trouble free ride a little over 20 miles but when I went to the post office, about a 10 mile ride, it happened 3 times. The only good thing, if any, is that I have learned a bit more about the problem.

It only happens after the bike is warmed up and at an idle or very low RPMs for over .....15 seconds. It has never happened when ridding with the RPMs over 2K or when stopped for a very short time. Like when I stop for a stop sign without any other traffic and I can take off immediately. I also avoid blipping the throttle when downshifting as it will occasionally cause a backfire. Don't think that has any effect on this problem.
Then the red triangle comes on and the RPMs bounce from about 2800 to 3500 and the bike can not be ridden as the power is just not enough.
Turning the engine off and then restarting the red triangle is on and the service/urgent service message is on but the bike runs good. When I turn the engine off and then start it again, all is normal. No red triangle, no service message.
The bike runs great.......until I have to stop and the engine idles for some time and then it happens again.

Bike is now parked as this happened 3 times on my last ride (kept hoping it would "fix itself"). Anyone have any ideas. If not what would be the easiest and cheapest thing to try?

Caffeineo
07-19-2015, 07:04 PM
After talking with the service manager at Redline (JB) he thinks it is the MAP sensor. Good news.....$47.00. Bad news...the tank needs to come off to get to it. :(

Caffeineo
02-24-2016, 08:58 AM
Well I just got around to replacing the front MAP sensor. Kind of a PITA but it went well. Got the bike together and......it fired right up. Took it out for a ride and it runs great........as always. After 30 minutes pulled over on the side of the road and let it idle.....and idle......and idle. No more problem. What a relief. Have gone on a couple of rides and WOW! Too much fun and way too easy to exceed all speed limits. Anyways I hope this helps any others with similar problems.

Arek1
02-27-2016, 02:48 PM
Congratulations :) do You connect Your bike to computer for errors reading? I'm going to collect all needed cables and software to connect my motorcycle to laptop in the near future, and seeking for some advice from someone with more experience than me...

Caffeineo
02-29-2016, 12:25 PM
I used GuzziDiag as I already had it installed and it worked fine to read the error codes as the ECU is the same. http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=69168.0;topicseen
The biggest problem I had was the laptop freezing due to (my guess) the driver for the cable?????

Arek1
03-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Thnx for the link :)