PDA

View Full Version : EZ Canisterectomy - and where did that water come from?

Caffeineo
06-26-2015, 07:52 PM
I did a canisterectomy as I have the expanding gas tank and read about the tank not venting causing pressure to build up....leading to a bigger tank. I removed the canister and put 2 bolts into the side case. The line that goes from the tank to the check valve was connected to a union/connector (Black arrow) and a new line, just a little longer, was put right where the line from the bottom of the canister went. The line that goes to the cylinder (Red arrow) was plugged with a long bolt and secured with safety wire. That line was zip tied to the gas tank vent line. Runs just great....like it did before. Really surprised and happy with how smooth this engine is...and the power. WOW!

When I removed the line from the gas tank to the check valve a bit of water came out????? Where the heck did this come from???

CarlosT
11-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Does anyone have this in a Shiver FAQ or tech tips section? I just got one and wondered about it...thanks!

Caffeineo
11-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Does anyone have this in a Shiver FAQ or tech tips section? I just got one and wondered about it...thanks!

Check the DD750/SHiver forum. This is specifically for the DD1200.