PDA

View Full Version : Low fuel light not working

Toohomo
06-24-2015, 06:25 AM
Any one know what part of the pump measures low fuel, my warning light no longer comes on, did take it off a month or so ago and not worked since? Hmmmm

ianofbhills
06-24-2015, 01:31 PM
I would check your plug first Dan as that's really the only thing you have disturbed.
I've had it before when I reconnected the fuel pump plug and I inadvertently pushed one of the pins out of the connector thus making a bad connection. For me it was the pin for the fuel pump so was pretty obvious straight away.

Also worth checking the wiring hasn't been damaged as it's quite a tight fit in there when the tank goes on.

fuel level is the white and blue wires on the plug on the tank.

The fuel level sensor is a tiny resistor mounted above the rubber cover on the actual fuel pump itself. You would have to take the fuel pump/filter assy out of the tank to be able to see it so it's unlikely you have damaged that.

Toohomo
06-24-2015, 03:43 PM
Will whip connector off, i vaguely recollect one of the pins was pulled back when the tank departed my bike in a crash and had to pull it back to make the connection.......that could well be it, may need to pull it towards the connection again., glad you know the colour combo :) cheers