PDA

View Full Version : Appeal for help with center stand pictures dimensions etc

HARVEY MUSHMAN
06-23-2015, 03:21 PM
Ok guys just bought the Center stand advertised here a few days ago.

By it's nature it needs some TLC namely the foot hold is missing and probably the rh side mounting bracket.

Can anyone help concerning pictures/ dimensions / templates of these two items.

I'm in no major rush but if anyone has mounting instructions that would be great to.

Thanks in anticipation...

haga lout
06-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Sent you a pm

Capoandrew
06-24-2015, 03:16 AM
Geoff to the rescue!!! LOL

Harvey, why not beef up the stand while you have your welder handy. It will be worth it in the long run.

Seems Luigi the welder had some good days and some bad days. Welds seem to be an issue on some Capos and not others,

HARVEY MUSHMAN
06-24-2015, 07:08 AM
Sounds a good idea except I'm no welding guru.. Whatever mods repairs are necessary i'll have to get a friendly fabricator to attend to.

First thing first though because I've no idea what a good one is like and how they mount I need help establishing what's needed....

So Photos and perhaps sketches of the foothold would help... As stated I'm in no rush as I see it as a nice to have extra....

Any help advice welcome. Should receive it this week so will post some photos of what I have.

Thanks..

Kid A
06-24-2015, 09:16 AM
Don't have dimensions for you right now but photos of my foot hold repair

HARVEY MUSHMAN
07-22-2015, 08:57 AM
Is there any chance of the dimensions from the end of the gusset bracket and perhaps a rough angle showing the overall shape.

I'm guessing the length and shape at the moment and could do with confirming things...

Kid A
07-22-2015, 10:36 AM
I can try and take some pics with a ruler next to it to give you more guidance. I don't have a metric tape measure though only standard so you'll have to translate from our antiquated US measurement units :)

HARVEY MUSHMAN
07-23-2015, 02:00 AM
that will be great... I don't think they designed the snake to the micro millimetres so anything will help. ..

AndyB
07-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Harvey,

You are welcome to have a look at my stand, just down the road at Strensham WR8.
Somewhere I have the fitting instructions for a centre stand, but on paper.
I will scan them and post here if you wish.

AndyB