PDA

View Full Version : Great Day At Laguna Seca Yesterday

EODScott
06-22-2015, 12:23 AM
Rode Laguna for the first time yesterday. Love that track. Track Days at good tracks in the states are expensive though...not like being in Spain that is for sure. For the garage it's an extra 150 bucks on top of the 325.....WTF....Jerez was 100 Euro plus 20 Euro for insurance...and the garage was free. I loved riding in Europe. Anyway it was a lot of fun. Test rode the new R1....unsure of it yet but I was happy to get back on my Ape. Could be that I had to follow a guide on an R3.....couldn't even open up the throttle. Brakes are good but didn't have the handling feeling of the RSV4. Might pick on up anyway...they are super cheap compared to anything else. 13999 US dollars...haven't seen them cheaper.

drvacation
06-22-2015, 09:31 AM
I can get you into trackxperiance days for 140-150 depending on track, in your area, come join us!

EODScott
06-22-2015, 09:43 AM
I did Pahrump with you guys about a year ago. Loved that track!...I need to get out there again with you guys.

I can get you into trackxperiance days for 140-150 depending on track, in your area, come join us!

klowry
06-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Laguna is a fun track! Nothing anywhere compares to the corckscrew!! Glad you had a great time. The R1m is truely spectacular at speed. Especially after adding a Graves Flash tune and cat eliminator exhaust which puts them up around 187 to 191 hp at the rear wheel. Really opens up the power and almost completely eliminates any feel of mid ramge flat spots.After 3300 miles on mine now in comparison to the Aprilia with 55,650 miles, I can say I love them both. I do notice that riding at the same hard pace, the Yamaha is less taxing, and easier to go fast on after riding Montezuma with friends back to back days one on the R1M and the next day on the Aprilia both running the same brand of tires and same temperature and road conditions. I did notice it was more work to hustle the Aprilia at the same pace as the R1M since we did the same number of runs up and down and same mileage of the total ride. The electronics are awesome on the Yami and I almost threw myself into a huge highside on the Ape exiting a fast right hander at about 100 mph on the Aprilia. I was pushing hard on both days to really compare the bikes and almost got caught out by my right wrist traction control on the 2010 Aprilia. Newer APRC models would have takenmy mistake out of the experience but there is still something special about knowing it was my total control and not the electronics that saved me.They are both awesome bikes. The new Ape for 16 should be awesome, I have a friend thinking of upgrading to the RF from his 2011.

zgriders
07-02-2015, 11:49 AM
I totally agree Karl....the R1 seems more user-friendly to ride, but there is something about the RSV4 that just feels right :peace:
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=283900&d=1435855693

Shaman666
07-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Yep, the 2016 is a whole different bike... really when you start going through the list of changes, it only looks the same and maybe shares some of the same parts here and there... even the spring rates and valving are different. Don't know why Aprilia isn't pushing it as a new bike rather than an evolved one given how much has changed... the frame and engine look similar I suppose but both are highly changed.

EODScott
07-03-2015, 09:06 AM
The R1 is a very smooth riding bike that is for sure.