PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Silver R/H lower Side Panel Needed (Disc Lock left On !!!!!!! Oooops)

beasthonda
06-16-2015, 09:12 AM
I did the stupid thing of not removing the disc lock this morning before trying to do a U turn in front of the house.
Scratched the lower R/H panel and pulled a fastener through the plastic just above the water header tank.

Not to much damage but would like to see if any one has a good spare they may like to sell.

The hand guard also got scratched but was thinking of changing to the Stelvio ones any way

Stu_O
06-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Remember when bikes had steering locks completely separate from their ignition locks? This is exactly why that design went away. Disc locks simply re-introduce that old safety issue without really making the bikes any more theft resistant. Marketing - it's a wonderful thing.

haga lout
06-17-2015, 09:34 AM
I have a long length of yellow string fitted to my disk lock when it's on I rap the other end round my clutch leaver

Tarks
06-18-2015, 03:42 AM
Disc locks are evil never fell to one but I have bought bikes with disc lock damage.

I have a spare panel in primer with very mild easy fixed lug damage.
Yours free if its a LH one just cover post

your Help in the past has saved me serious Coin so I couldn't possibly ask for your money.

#Karma

cheers

you have my mobile number if you kept it ;)

Tarks
06-18-2015, 03:43 AM
Ps why don't you have Wilk's crash bars!!!

beasthonda
06-18-2015, 12:39 PM
Ps why don't you have Wilk's crash bars!!!

Thanks for the offer Tarks.
Its the right side that got damaged.

I've found a couple panels in the US brand new going cheap on Ebay so have bought those.
Just hope they are the right colour. But the photo looked like it should be.

Do you have any details on the crash bars?
How much and make?

Cheers

haga lout
06-18-2015, 01:26 PM
The crash bars are about 120 plus post but he is flat out at the moment from what he said I've orderd some bits off him and can't make till end of year

Tarks
06-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Contact Wilk Stepowi on here he will link you to his web page. The small bars are OEM Copy and IMO the best (strongest) ones to buy.