fig
06-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Yeh hutchy is a helluva man.

Capoandrew
06-13-2015, 03:06 AM
And Bayliss is back....kinda

haga lout
06-13-2015, 04:48 AM
Bayliss /max and stoners they all must need a bit of cash and nipping in and out for a few rounds I think it's wrong if there not doing the full year there takeing up places for younger riders on the way up what the team are paying them for two rides may pay a newcomer most the year if the need cash and fame let them go to the jungle

fig
06-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Bayliss is riding for Ducati. He's riding the scrambler flatracking. As far as I know he's in it for the season. I saw him at the Springfield mile and he didn't do very well so it'll be interesting to see his improvement when he comes back to Springfield in September.

Capoandrew
06-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Geoff, It's definitely not for the money.
A little research will show the following:
Casey Stoner, net value $14M US
Max Biaggi and Troy Bayliss were earning around $2M US per season, less endorsements. Estimated worth $22M US

I agree in principal about letting younger riders in, however these guys pull big crowds which then mean bigger money chests for the whole race meeting.
At the end of the day, it boils down to the almighty dollar and these sort of riders are just like any other marketing tool.

Also, some of these guys are just like us mere mortals, they like to ride :-) even if it is a tad quicker than us rather sedate ol' Caponord riders.

haga lout
06-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Geoff, It's definitely not for the money.
A little research will show the following:
Casey Stoner, net value $14M US
Max Biaggi and Troy Bayliss were earning around $2M US per season, less endorsements. Estimated worth $22M US

I agree in principal about letting younger riders in, however these guys pull big crowds which then mean bigger money chests for the whole race meeting.
At the end of the day, it boils down to the almighty dollar and these sort of riders are just like any other marketing tool.

Also, some of these guys are just like us mere mortals, they like to ride :-) even if it is a tad quicker than us rather sedate ol' Caponord riders.

I take your point I just hate it when they come back like haga did and rode round at the back I prefer to remember them at the top

Capoandrew
06-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Absolutely!

I'm certain a lot of the race teams push the riders to the brink and this causes them to retire early. I saw the schedule for Troy Corser once and was blown away with not just the race meetings, the practice, the publicity events, the social events that they are expected to attend. They don't get much time to themselves within a season. This has to take a toll somewhere.

I think of the example of Stoner. You can't tell me he doesn't have it in him to still be competitive. And, he retires at the ripe old age of 26.

I copied this from Wikipedia:
On 17 May 2012, during the pre-event press conference at the French Grand Prix, Stoner announced that he would retire from MotoGP at the end of the 2012 season. Stoner stated that he no longer enjoyed competing in the series, which was one of the contributing factors to his retirement. Getting away from the political stress of MotoGP, as well as having a desire to spend more time leisurely with his family were further reasons for his retirement. As of June 2014 Stoner is enjoying his life away from the sport with his family and has no regrets about his retirement, further dismissing any chances of a comeback.

BigSteve
06-14-2015, 02:39 AM
Never mind max what about the Hutchinson now that's a come back

Absolutely... Mind you the Kawasaki was performing very well...but great to see him back winning again.. :D