PDA

View Full Version : Rear stands for the 1200 and others

Locky
06-09-2015, 12:34 PM
282019I was going over my 1200 before I took it out for a days riding and I noticed the piece that fits the spindles moved as I put the bike on the rear stand.I never thought much about it and just grabbed the allen key as I got the tire gauge and chain lube.I pulled up my stool and checked the bolt with my hand and the second i touched it the piece spun and dumped the f-ing bike on me.When I assembled it I put lots of lock tight and tightened it which is why I trusted it.After missing a great days riding putting ice on my wrist and knee and having no more trust in that bolt I came up with drilling through the top into the bar and pinning it with a screw as a safety along with the bolt and lock tight.I highly recommend this to anyone who has a stand like this because you get very little warning when it comes loose.I got lucky no damage to the bike and just some bruises on me.............

rst1k
06-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Oh good to hear the bike is okay! and you too I guess... I'll check my stand tonight. Thanks for the heads up!