PDA

View Full Version : Service Light on Dash

d1000rr
06-03-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm hoping someone can help me.

I just pulled my bike out of storage... refilled the cooling system with deionized water, changed the oil and filter.

Now before I put the side and lower fairings back on the bike, I started it and it threw a Service Light. It's likely because I didn't have that grey module thingy ( I forget what it is) plugged in that's usually mounted to the inside of the left mid fairing.

I've put the bike fully back together and I went into the Menu/Diagnostic Menu and cleared all Coupons and Errors but the Service light is still there... :confused:

I rode the bike around for a few kms and it runs good but the Service light is still there.

Any ideas how to clear it?

amauri
06-03-2015, 10:17 AM
The CLF module error will eventually clear itself.

The error reset function on the instrument panel is only for clearing errors detected by the instrument panel, ineffective for displaying or clearing ECU detected errors.

d1000rr
06-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Ok... so basically I just need to run the bike more and it'll go away?
Thanks

amauri
06-03-2015, 11:19 AM
yes, unless you have other issues.

d1000rr
06-22-2015, 04:28 PM
I think I have other issues lol.

Is there a way I can diagnose this? The closest dealer is over 2 hours away.
I've gone through a tank of gas and the service light is still on. I tried "Calibrating" and that didn't work.

The bike runs normal except I can't adjust traction control and any of the APRC stuff....

fredaroony
06-22-2015, 04:41 PM

Is there a way I can diagnose this? The closest dealer is over 2 hours away.
I've gone through a tank of gas and the service light is still on. I tried "Calibrating" and that didn't work.

The bike runs normal except I can't adjust traction control and any of the APRC stuff....

You get some cables and use Guzzidiag. There is a big thread in here about it.

amauri
06-22-2015, 09:42 PM

Your traction control is turned off, turn it back on.
Instructions in the owner's manual.

d1000rr
06-24-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm at work right now but I'll double check when I get home... I'll feel super stupid if that's all I need to do.

I did try holding down the + button the other day for a few seconds and it didn't work.

EDIT: I'm stupid... the traction was off.