PDA

View Full Version : RSV4R Front and rear sag

yanjol
06-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Hello,

try to find numbers for the front and the rear sag with riders...

What are you thinking of

30 mm at the rear

35 mm at the front?

Thank you

flobrandx
06-01-2015, 01:03 PM
I think your in the ballpark, there's lots of info and I'm sure opinions on this subject but it depends on street vs track riding and riding style. Check out some you tube vids from the experts like Dave Moss on suspension setup and sag adjustment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjGgq1z9zbo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9yQylk1heI
Hopefully this helps

comfysofa
06-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Dunno if this helps....this is the setup for my 2010 factory (ive done the fork mod as well)

Compression front 18 clicks out, rear 5 clicks out
Rebound front 5 clicks out, rear 15 clicks out
Preload front 9 turns in rear 8mm of thread
Static sag front 20mm rear 12mm

Im no racer but it feels pretty good....if anyone can give me a set of better settings ive love to try them!

V4Missile
06-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Hi all. While I can't remember the settings we used, my buddy and I rode each others V4's back to back to compare. After I told him F & R sag on my bike, he had set his up similar after complaining of sitting 'IN' the bike, with a low seat feeling. We compared again, and I wanted a little of the feel of the front of his V4. I only adjusted the rear preload nuts 2 threads, but this made a HUGE difference, with the front of mine 'rolling' (thats the only word I can use to describe it) on the front tyre right to left. I said to him, " You have to try this!" It felt so different, unlike my previous Jap bike that seemed to feel no change after a few clicks in each direction. Anyway, I went back a little on the preload, and have left it there. Just don't be suprised if you feel the changes instantly!

marcodarq
06-10-2015, 07:10 PM
i would think that you're in the starting ball park, you're gonna need to tune it from there to your rider's weight and feedback preferences.
m