PDA

View Full Version : front brake discs ...??? (and any other upgrade)

Eizoz_RSV4
05-27-2015, 08:11 AM
Hi everyone.

i'm here again with another question lol sorry i've done a quick search and don't seem to find anything that give me what i'm after.

i'm looking at upgrading the brake discs on my '11 rsv4 factory aprc (no abs) (i believe the stock are on and been reading about them getting wrapped, plus i'm sure there are better alternatives out there) ... but i have no idea what make to go for. there are loads. i have Glafer on my R1.. can't complain about them but thought maybe something different for my RSV4 .. EBC? BrakeTech? Brembo? something that will give me more braking power without having to change stock calipers.

also any ideas on other upgrades are welcome! (currently have full akra with leo vince box (akra got damaged Leo much cheaper lol) rapidbike racing mapped at CastroMaroto in Spain, MWR Race Filter, new HEL braided brake lines, brand new Brembo Gold brake pads, has the RACE ECU not sure how relevant it is with the rapidbike on... erm rear sets...

thanks guys

tez
05-27-2015, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna be investing in a set of pfm discs soon

bjohnson
05-27-2015, 03:47 PM
I like the Braketech ceramic discs. I think you can still get them via Thorsten Durbahn in Germany, not cheap though. Been thinking about them myself when my bonus comes in!!!!

Eizoz_RSV4
05-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Yeah ceramic would be awsome if money wasn't an issue lol unfortnately i'm not rich so i have to buy something more affordable lol keeps ideas coming if they can be backed up by personal use even better :)

thanks

baz v2
05-27-2015, 06:11 PM
I dont have an rsv4, have a millie r but i just got these. They are for rsv4, full floaters and something a
bit different.

dastrix
05-27-2015, 06:38 PM
The OEM ones are fine, there are many RSV4s here that lap at record pace using stock calipers and discs... If its a street bike, why would you seriously bother?

Proctologist
05-27-2015, 06:45 PM
The OEM ones are fine, there are many RSV4s here that lap at record pace using stock calipers and discs... If its a street bike, why would you seriously bother?

+1 agreed..

Eizoz_RSV4
05-28-2015, 02:07 AM

i'm sure the OEM do the job but been reading about them getting wrapped and i'd rather change them before. the bike is currently with street fairings BUT cos i bought it like that (a couple of weeks ago). it's really for the track hence i want to prepare it a little more slowly but surely :)

Apriliabåårg
05-28-2015, 02:35 AM
I have warped two sets of the OEM discs on trackdays. Maybe I'm doing it wrong(braking), but I don't think so :)
I bought myself a set of Brembo T-drives and so far I really love them. It's a huge improvement in terms of breaking power! They are full floating discs also.

dastrix
05-28-2015, 02:40 AM
i'm sure the OEM do the job but been reading about them getting wrapped and i'd rather change them before. the bike is currently with street fairings BUT cos i bought it like that (a couple of weeks ago). it's really for the track hence i want to prepare it a little more slowly but surely :)

Why not save your money? Wear them out, which will take ages and IF, the slightest IF they warp, change them? Why fix something thats not broken?

Your discs should NOT be warping.

http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/btr-tech-station/btr-tech-station-brake-systems/brake-discs/why-do-discs-warp

Eizoz_RSV4
05-28-2015, 04:27 AM
I have warped two sets of the OEM discs on trackdays. Maybe I'm doing it wrong(braking), but I don't think so :)
I bought myself a set of Brembo T-drives and so far I really love them. It's a huge improvement in terms of breaking power! They are full floating discs also.

but the t-drive are not aPRC compatible are they? :/ it's finding aPRC compatible discs that seems to be a bit for a pain...

Eizoz_RSV4
05-28-2015, 04:32 AM
Why not save your money? Wear them out, which will take ages and IF, the slightest IF they warp, change them? Why fix something thats not broken?

Your discs should NOT be warping.

http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/btr-tech-station/btr-tech-station-brake-systems/brake-discs/why-do-discs-warp

well like Apriliabaarg has mentioned... OEM discs seem to wrap. i'm not necessarily going to buy them today but i want to have an idea of which to buy when the moment comes. tbh i'd rather replace them 'now' than having the issue pop up half way through a track day and not having a set of discs to slap on. (yes i know that then i should take all sorts of spares just incase.. but the problem is that this seems to be a known issue which i can try and avoid or be prepared for)

Toohomo
05-28-2015, 04:46 AM
Take a look at my thread a few posts down, just buying some fully floating buttons for oem set up, will report back once fitted.

Eizoz_RSV4
05-28-2015, 04:47 AM
i'll have a look :)

Apriliabåårg
05-28-2015, 04:59 AM
but the t-drive are not aPRC compatible are they? :/ it's finding aPRC compatible discs that seems to be a bit for a pain...

Yes, they're a-PRC compatible :)

Eizoz_RSV4
05-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Yes, they're a-PRC compatible :)

could you give me the model number? or link to where you bought them? thanks :) cos in the Brembo website when you specify you bike they only show 1 model for the a-PRC version :/ and they are not the Ts

Apriliabåårg
05-28-2015, 05:53 AM
could you give me the model number? or link to where you bought them? thanks cos in the Brembo website when you specify you bike they only show 1 model for the a-PRC version :/ and they are not the Ts

Sure... Model number is BR208A98525
I ordered at Omnia Racing in Italy.

If you look at AF1 website they also state that they will fit all RSV4 model years.
They do also state though that special rotor bolts is required, but you really don't. Don't know why they state that. I didn't anyway.

You can contact AF1 if you want them to confirm. They will gladly help as always... :)

Eizoz_RSV4
05-28-2015, 05:58 AM
Sure... Model number is BR208A98525
I ordered at Omnia Racing in Italy.

If you look at AF1 website they also state that they will fit all RSV4 model years.
They do also state though that special rotor bolts is required, but you really don't. Don't know why they state that. I didn't anyway.

You can contact AF1 if you want them to confirm. They will gladly help as always... :)

brilliant thank a lot! :)