PDA

View Full Version : ABS and traction control issue

Eddie Aprilia
05-25-2015, 04:41 AM
Hi all
had my Dorso 1200 for just over a week and whilst I love it, I am gabing a number of electrical issues

1 ABS and traction control lights stay lit when riding although have gone out as they should on a couple of occasions?

2 speedo stopped working so I stopped switched of ignition and restarted and it then worked fine again ??

3. When I hit starter it sometimes does nothing ??

i have checked battery is not lose but not sure where to go any ideas out there ?

trainman
05-25-2015, 06:01 AM
points 1 and 2 could well be down to a speed probe in trouble, check probes and wiring (all the way from the wheels into the main frame loom)

point 3 - no idea!

Muzza989
06-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Hi Eddie did you get to the bottom of your troubles with the ABS + ATC??

When you hit the start button does it pause for a second and the speedo lights go out? Mine does this but if i keep my finger pressed for a second or two longer it starts and the dash comes back to life and everything works as normal.

Cheers
Muz

duck21
06-13-2015, 04:07 PM
For me the only time those lights stay on all the time is when i turn traction control and abs off. I never ride with TC on because it stuffs up wheelies.

Point 2 has been an issue for me since i got my bike. It seems completely random when it decides to do it.

3. Yeh never had this issue.

Sad to say but i have had a lot of issues with my DD1200. Thankfully they have all been covered under warranty.