PDA

View Full Version : fairing fastners

gazv4
05-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Hi all!
I'm looking at changing the fastners for the fairing on the bike as they've gone to look a bit Shit.

Am I better off with alloy or stainless? I would like titanium but I don't think I could justify the cost lol

What companies are best to buy from too?

Thanks in advance, Gaz

Danfinarch
05-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Gixermagfive was flogging titanium sets not long ago. I bout a set and they're very nice, totally OTT on my bike but they look pretty hahaha

gazv4
05-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Ok cheers Dan.

I'll look him up

chickunfut
05-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Pro-Bolt mate.....

dastrix
05-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Pro bolt is overpriced rubbish. Its not better than the machined titanium fasteners from Ebay China, they are all machined. Save yourself the money and get the chinese stuff - its the exact same stuff as the pro bolt, albeit without the stupid markup.

chickunfut
05-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Pro bolt is overpriced rubbish. Its not better than the machined titanium fasteners from Ebay China, they are all machined. Save yourself the money and get the chinese stuff - its the exact same stuff as the pro bolt, albeit without the stupid markup.

Are they rubbish because they're overpriced or are they rubbish because they are rubbish? Are the Chinese fasteners rubbish as well but just cheaper rubbish?

Gixermagfive
05-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Please make sure that you know exactly what you are buying before you part with your money. There are different grades of Titanium and some are not suitable for certain uses. As for Pro Bolt, I cannot vouch for the quality of their kit as they changed supplier in 2014.
What I do know factually is that Racebolt use Grade 5 Titanium, are cheaper than Pro Bolt and have top quality materials, machinery and trained employeees making their kit. If you contact Andy Sell at Racebolt and tell him that Sean sent you he will look after you.

Are they rubbish because they're overpriced or are they rubbish because they are rubbish? Are the Chinese fasteners rubbish as well but just cheaper rubbish?

gazv4
05-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Please make sure that you know exactly what you are buying before you part with your money. There are different grades of Titanium and some are not suitable for certain uses. As for Pro Bolt, I cannot vouch for the quality of their kit as they changed supplier in 2014.
What I do know factually is that Racebolt use Grade 5 Titanium, are cheaper than Pro Bolt and have top quality materials, machinery and trained employeees making their kit. If you contact Andy Sell at Racebolt and tell him that Sean sent you he will look after you.

Thanks for the info,much appreciated.