PDA

View Full Version : clutch micro switch

ghw1972
04-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Hi chaps

Can i do away with the micro switch now i have the race ecu ?

Asking as i now have a brembo clutch perch missing the micro switch.

Is the switch needed for the aprc functions and if not could it be disconnected with out throwing a light on the dash ?

cheers guys

ianofbhills
04-28-2015, 01:13 PM
You need it for your quickshifter to work.
It Disengages the qs when you shift using the clutch. Toohomo also reported his launch control didn't work correctly when he didn't have the clutch switch working.

It also affects mapping and rev limit so even none aprc bikes must have it fitted.

It isn't just a safety switch like on earlier bikes you need to leave it connected and working as stated in the manual.

GTR Racer
04-28-2015, 01:43 PM
Just do what I did with Clints stunt bike. Zip tie all the way around it tight so that it's constantly depressed in.

tomik
04-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Just do what I did with Clints stunt bike. Zip tie all the way around it tight so that it's constantly depressed in.

Don't do it like that. Read what Ian wrote earlier...

ironmin
04-28-2015, 05:33 PM

as said earlier...it specifically affects the launch control which operates in 2 stages with AWC & ATC - when the clutch is being released and when the clutch is out. I would not want try to do a race start if it is loose or malfunctioning!

GTR Racer
04-28-2015, 06:51 PM

But if he doesn't use launch control then it's a no biggie. In the past two years I think I've used it twice.

ghw1972
04-29-2015, 04:10 AM
Cheers guys

I thought it would have something to do with all the aprc settings.

Brembo are sending me the micro switch mount in the post.

I had to change the standard clutch perch, looks so cheap and nasty.

Toohomo
04-29-2015, 04:54 AM
Its easy to solder on a new switch, dont think it matters which way you solder the wires on.

ghw1972
04-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Its easy to solder on a new switch, dont think it matters which way you solder the wires on.

Have you done this then mate ?

Toohomo
04-29-2015, 12:15 PM
Yep i have an accosato clutch, the clutch switch has 2 wires, just cut the oem switch from the loom and solder the new one on. Shrink wrap to finish. 10 minute job.

Pegasus7
04-29-2015, 12:31 PM
Boys, heres on to add to another thread ref this switch.
I said on the other thread that I have the switch but no wires. Figured maybe I monged it when I switched from race fairings to road at the last track weekend. Going to Assen tomorrow for the weekend and have switched to race fairings again....
Now I can categorically say that the cable is not there. No blank spaces in the loom either. May put up a picture if required.

Bike is a 2013 R. I've never been able to start it in gear either.