PDA

View Full Version : Coming back and RSV4RF compatibility

psmportland
04-27-2015, 08:47 AM
It's been about 8 years since I left. Been riding and racing GSXR's ever since. Great product really, not very inspired however. I am back!
I have been assured my prepaid order of the new RF will in fact be here in June. Badass.
That said, between when it arrives, and late June, I need to break it in, (dyno) and race prep it. My biggest question, if anyone can answer it, is about compatibility of bodywork.
Is it close enough that I can use 2015 RSV4 bodywork??? I sure would like to get some, even primered and get it fit up so I can track the bike without an aluminum turkey roasting pan for a fluid containment belly pan. (old racers, you have seen this)

Great to (almost) be back kids.

Thanks for the direction.
Patrick

Veistos
04-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Hi,

I have same dilema. I should have my RSV4 RR in the middle of May. I have purchased used Sebimoto bodywork to be fitted to the bike. For my knowledge front and bellyban should be "bolt on". But tail section may need some work because of different tank and it's connection point to the frame?! I'll be more wiser on the subject in couple of weeks.

OldDD
04-27-2015, 03:54 PM
The seat unit and seat certainly fit but are you sure about the fairing and belly pan? The headers on the new bike look as if they sit much lower than the previous model and I expect that is why they decided to cut out the sides...
The pick up points are in the same place so likely you will get race body work to fit..

Veistos
04-27-2015, 04:19 PM
The seat unit and seat certainly fit but are you sure about the fairing and belly pan? The headers on the new bike look as if they sit much lower than the previous model and I expect that is why they decided to cut out the sides...
The pick up points are in the same place so likely you will get race body work to fit..

Thanks. So I think it's dremel time then.. :)

OldDD you newer answered us was the 197bhp measured from the back wheel?! :burnout:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Love2Ride http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/images/buttons_redblk/viewpost-right.png (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3838678#post3838678)
How does one measure BHP on the dyno?

That's what I was thinking too. Did you add a drive train % loss back onto rwhp?

flobrandx
04-27-2015, 11:05 PM
Congrats on the RF Pat! I see your located in Portland and I assume you ride at PIR?

OldDD
04-28-2015, 12:05 AM
Veistos, I thought you were joking. I've been getting BHP Dyno charts for over 30 years - Has this technology not made it over to Finland yet?? ;)

Veistos
04-28-2015, 12:13 AM
Veistos, I thought you were joking. I've been getting BHP Dyno charts for over 30 years - Has this technology not made it over to Finland yet?? ;)

Ok, I hear you! :D

Veistos
04-28-2015, 03:19 AM
As we know in RSV4 RR/RF engine has been put to it's lowest setting. Which crash protectors can be used? Any recommendations for pure track use? Thanks.

OldDD
04-28-2015, 02:34 PM
I've had my original Graves protectors machined to fit (Drilled a hole to mate with lower engine position and recessed bolt to match original) as they told me they were "months away" from offering product due to lack of availability of bikes in The US....

Eurotech
04-29-2015, 12:02 AM
You say you are in the Northwest, where did you order your RF?

psmportland
06-29-2015, 12:01 AM
I happen to have known someone, who knew someone an I will be picking mine up from Motointernational in Seattle. I live in Camas, down by Portland.
I do ride at PIR, but rarely. I used to race here, but, frankly, its kind of boring and we raely put on days here. I can ride with other groups, for nothing or near nothing, but its rare. After racing at PIR for over a decade, its just a wee boring. I spend most of my time at the Ridge, ORP, T-Hill or Laguna. We put on days all over.

I was emailed, mine is due any day. IN fact, its in transit from the boat now!

flobrandx
06-29-2015, 04:08 PM
I happen to have known someone, who knew someone an I will be picking mine up from Motointernational in Seattle. I live in Camas, down by Portland.
I do ride at PIR, but rarely. I used to race here, but, frankly, its kind of boring and we raely put on days here. I can ride with other groups, for nothing or near nothing, but its rare. After racing at PIR for over a decade, its just a wee boring. I spend most of my time at the Ridge, ORP, T-Hill or Laguna. We put on days all over.

I was emailed, mine is due any day. IN fact, its in transit from the boat now!

almost here!

Ok, I'm loaded in Battle Ground and do some days at PIR and T hill but want to get out to some other tracks as well. Who are you with for putting days on?