PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

TomMcC
04-05-2015, 06:44 AM
Hi
I would like to say thanks to all the members of this forum. When ever I have had a problem and post it I always get a response, mostly from people I am not likely to ever meet, some that I have.
The generous way you share your hard won experience , take the time to read and respond to posts and welcome new converts to the Nord side is really appreciated.
This week I found I had a number of issues and was finding it hard to see the wood for the trees. I was ready to stuff a rag in the tank and set my bike on fire. Frustrated just a bit.
With the help of this forum and reading the manual many times Big Red is running like a treat. The sun finally came out today and took a run into the hills after getting Big Red back together and rediscovered what an engaging and enjoyable ride the Capo is and what great bunch of people Nordnuts are.
Long live adventure with style.

Thanks again

Dogslobber
04-05-2015, 10:44 AM
REALLY glad to hear your sorted and back into the enjoyment.

simonevs67
04-05-2015, 02:39 PM
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/images/smilies/+1.gif

JohnG.
04-05-2015, 06:31 PM
REALLY glad to hear your sorted and back into the enjoyment.

Yes, Ive always found this one of the best discussions boards around :plus:

Precis
04-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Is it neccesary to wet the rag with petrol first, or does it wick fuel up fast enough to get a decent fire going?
:angel:

Seriously, glad you got it sorted and that the sun was shining for you - mates up that way say it's been just a bit wet lately.

I have a shedful of projects needing attention - minor niggles with two Capos among them, so I can sympathise!

Capoandrew
04-06-2015, 12:35 AM
WET UP HERE!!??!! It's been unbelievable! Both Sydney & BrisVegas have been copping some big dumps this Easter.

Back to the point....Tom, what ended up being the issue?

And sorry you could't make it here, but to be honest the weather would not have been very kind to you. Karine and I left this morning for the Blue Mountains. Lovely and sunny!!! On the way back we got quite damp.

JohnG.
04-06-2015, 06:02 AM
Andrew,
Those big dumps went mostly above us & we need it now...

Steve,
I must admit to wanting to cause a fake electrical fire at one stage and just walk away,
...'but glad I didn't :)

TomMcC
04-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Yes it was wet, many places got well over 100mm.
I think that if you stuff the rag and wait it would work.
It took me a while to work out that coil 2 was under the seat next to coil 4. I replaced the HT leads and plugs. New coil in the correct place, move front coils relocated, and I found a crack in the fuel line.

It is running smoother than ever. I think that after 13 years the HT leads were not the best.
BTW, Supercheap still do Bosch leads on a rack so you can choose the length that suits rather than buying a set for a car that might fit.

Like John I am very glad I didn't let my frustration get the better of me. 700km ride next weekend with my club.

Hear is a link to a short video of what we got up to on Monday. Testing out my new toy ( Husqvarna TE 630) https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=945806502104202&pnref=story

JohnG.
04-06-2015, 11:11 PM
nice work :plus: