PDA

View Full Version : lap ecord at Louden for twins

maru
06-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know what the lap record at Louden is for the twin class? I have been told it is held by one of the Wood brothers on a Buell. Does anyone know if this is correct?

BigTuna
06-23-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by maru
Does anyone know what the lap record at Louden is for the twin class? I have been told it is held by one of the Wood brothers on a Buell. Does anyone know if this is correct?

i am unsure what the record is, but i know the Woods run in the 1:12 on their 600s. Clarkie was running 1:13's on his Mille before his crash....

bilter
06-23-2004, 01:42 PM
I don't believe its a Buel that has the record. They arn' that competetive. The las time I checked though the lap record was 109.9 set by Mladin in '01 ( I think). The twins record shoul be close to that, probably a Duc running in AMA sperbike. Not much help to you I know, purely speculation on my part.

gecko
06-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by bilter
I don't believe its a Buel that has the record. They arn' that competetive. The las time I checked though the lap record was 109.9 set by Mladin in '01 ( I think). The twins record shoul be close to that, probably a Duc running in AMA sperbike. Not much help to you I know, purely speculation on my part.
Correct me if I am wrong . . . but I believe Mladin's 1:09 record is no longer valid after Loudon reconfigured the track. I beleive at present Scott Greenwood holds the record with a 1.11.1 on a SuperStock legal '03 R6 with DOT tires. Sorry, I do not know what the record is for a twin.

Smoke Eater
06-24-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm doing 1:26's. :banana:

BigTuna
06-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Smoke Eater
I'm doing 1:26's. :banana:

I thought you were going to get your race license this summer and start racing at Loudon???? Is that still in the plans?

bilter
06-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by gecko
Correct me if I am wrong . . . but I believe Mladin's 1:09 record is no longer valid after Loudon reconfigured the track. I beleive at present Scott Greenwood holds the record with a 1.11.1 on a SuperStock legal '03 R6 with DOT tires. Sorry, I do not know what the record is for a twin.

You may be correct Geck. I can't remember what year they reconfigured the track...................hell I can hardly remember yesterday! But let me think, wasn't the last AMA race held in '02? If this is correct some local guys finsihed in the money since many of the AMA riders didn't race due to rain. That would mean Mat set the record in '01 and I am pretty sure that track was reconfigured well before that ('99 sticks in my head). regardless of that though, a 1.11 is waaaaaay out of my reach.

Smoke Eater
07-07-2004, 01:21 PM
LRRS is still part of the plan but on hold at the moment. Business is too good this summer for me to take off but not good enough for me to hire someone to do my job. Next summer is looking a lot better. For now, its just every track day I can manage and the Star School.

I'm hopin' to have a mini-Mille RSV 450 or 550 for next summer. It would be a hoot to race with the SV650's.